Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak with redsn0w on Vista with iPhone 3G

Default Jailbreak with redsn0w on Vista with iPhone 3G
    Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me here ? I am trying to jailbreak my iPhone but I get so far and then the redsn0w app crashes on me.

If you look at the steps here:

iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G on OS 3.0.x Using RedSn0w (Windows)

I get up to Step 9, the jailbreaking process starts and then it crashes.

I also have tried setting up the properties of the redsn0w executable to run in Windows XP Compatability mode and this has not made a difference.

Are there any tasks that I need to close before I start this process. It seems as though this process is being interuppted by something.

Any ideas ? Greatly appreciated, I started at 11.30pm last night and gave up around 1.30 am

Thanks for your help in advance.

Thanks

I kept having the same problem redsn0w kept crashing on me thru the process like 5 times
    what I did was simply restart my pc and let it load and ran redsn0w and it worked.

Just rejailbroke my 3G[S] a couple hours ago
    If My Replys Helped You Out In Any Way
    Dont Forget To Hit The "THANKS" Button

ok cool, will try that tonight, cheers. How are you finding your jailbroken iPhone ?

I think it may be the fact that I am not holding the home button for a full 30 seconds, even though the redsn0w screen moves to say it is jailbreaking, i think I need to hold on to it for longer ?

Another question, what happens if redsn0w is able to jailbreak a 3.1 iphone, how do i update to 3.1 in the first place ? Connect to iTunes ??
    Last edited by themonkeyman; 2009-09-21 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

well i did it for a 3G[S] so it might be different and i just followed exactly what it said on redsn0w and it worked.

Simply just restart you iphone and computer and you will be fine....

156 Johnson

so am i assuming right here, can redsn0w JB 3.1 yet? I have a 3G with 3.0 Can i upgrade to 3.1 and still be able to JB? more to the point what will be different with 3.1 to 3.0..... I might just stay as i am for now....

also be sure to be running redsn0w as administrator
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iMister View Post
    so am i assuming right here, can redsn0w JB 3.1 yet? I have a 3G with 3.0 Can i upgrade to 3.1 and still be able to JB? more to the point what will be different with 3.1 to 3.0..... I might just stay as i am for now....
    there is no redsn0w for 3.1 as of yet
    so no u cant

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

I had the exact problem ... I tried everything about 10X I ended up just using my Windows XP Machine and it worked perfect.

And you CAN NOT jailbreak 3.1 unless you have a MAC, Redsnow has NOT came out with a break as of yet only PWNAGE for Mac has broken it. But its all the DEV Team so we should see something shortly.