Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: problem with 2G

Default problem with 2G
    Hey guys, I was planning on selling my iPhone (recently jailbroken and only added a contact), so I did the Erase all content and settings option in Settings>General.

I ended up with an iPhone that won't go past the Apple logo. It's got the apple logo with the spinning loading icon, except the icon isn't animating.

I tried to re-jailbreak and ended up with the same screen and now I don't know what to do.

Any tips?

This is the screen I'm stuck at:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

When you do the type of Erase essentially what you have done is remove the Operating System from the iPhone. Now download the iPhone Firmware version you want to run from modmyi.com and save it to a folder on your computer. Don't save it for iTunes. When you get it, run iTunes and hold the home button on your iPhone when you plug in the cord, this will allow the phone to boot into DFU mode. iTunes will tell you you you need to restore your phone. Press the shift key on your keyboard and click restore.
    This will bring up a windows explorer window, choose the firmware you downloaded and restore.
    Then use redsnow to jailbreak and unlock your phone.

Already tried that many times, didn't work. For those looking for the solution, yoiu have to restore the iphone on a computer that has never been used with that iphone before. Borrowed my sister's computer to install itunes and restore to the ofw and got my iphone working again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Whatever you say Billy
    I have been restoring and unlocking iphones and ipods on the same computer and it does work.
    That's the way it is done. Your way is probably ok, but most people don;t have that second computer to play with.
    Unless you know it is the only way, you should probably do some research before telling a person that is asking for help it doesn't work.

I understand that is the usual method, I've been restoring iphones a lot myself. I've already tried that usual method that you stated and all I'm saying is that it didn't work for me. I'm not trying to discredit your solution and I thank you for the reply but all I'm saying is that the solution that worked for ME, personally, was the one I stated, where I had to use a different computer. There was no disrespect intended.