Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.1 to 3.0.1 downloading jailbreak data

Default 3.1 to 3.0.1 downloading jailbreak data
    i'm trying to jailbreak my iphone but keep getting "downloading jailbreak data" that just keeps going. it's current firmware is a 3g 3.1. using redsnow i put the "iphone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore" in the current firmware. it goes through half way and on my iphone said "downloading jailbreak data" and the continuous spinning circle.....what am i doing wrong? i did this exact same thing last night and it went through. i had to restore via itunes due to problems with the phone...an help would greatly be appreciated.

Default my iphone 3g on new 3.1
    same thing here

ok i did a lot more research and this is what i found out...correct me if i'm wrong......
    firmware 3.1 is not downgradable with the current bootloader.
    i'll have to wait for dev team to come out with JB for 3.1 for windows

some report it working. others say it doesnt. i say you didnt have enough patience to wait a few days for a jailbreak so pay your price and wait. seriously. its a few days. if a jailbreak was that important you should have just waited.

as far as the downgrade is concerned. yes you can downgrade. you have to restore the firmware to a virgin 3.0 then you may get an error 1015 which means basebands didnt match. this can be bypassed by a forced boot out of recovery mode which you can then run redsnow and be jailbroken on 3.0

i say wait
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.