Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS 3.0.1 not jailbreakable?

Default iPhone 3GS 3.0.1 not jailbreakable?
    I know there's alot of people complaining about redsn0w not jailbreaking their iphones lately, but I have the same problem.

I just recently bought my iPhone 3GS on 9/15/2009 so it might be because of that, but I thought I still had hope since it was still in 3.0.1 (maybe shipped before 3.1 was released?) so I still don't know what's up.

I've tried to use redsn0w but it always ends up with it stopping for the device to reboot, tried reconnecting, restarting, etc. and still no luck.

If anyone has solved this or has any idea, feel free to reply

Are you using windows or a mac? I am having a similar problem with Vista...only when I put it in recovery mode, I get a "new hardware found for your apple device (in recovery mode)" message, and vista wants to install drivers...I ignore it, and redsn0w stops working.

Green Apple
    Thanks

youre supposed to let it install the driver..and it 'should' do it automatically without having you search for it..

really vtaran? I haven't seen or heard that mentioned in any of the multiple youtube videos showing the jailbreak process. I'm hesitant to click ok and download anything during the redsn0w process that isn't in the step-by-step instructions.

Have you try this website. I found this today. Hopefully, it will work cause I am trying to JB mine 3GS with 3.0.1 version. I will update to let you guys know after I finish.

iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS on OS 3.0.x Using RedSn0w (Windows)

i jailbroke my 3gs successfully but i gave up on vista and found an cpu running xp to do it.

Hello everybody,
    I've bought my 3GS today and it has 3.0.1,
    I've tried jailbreaking with redsnow 0.8 on W7, OSX 10.6.1 and Ubuntu 9.04, each time the process stops at the second reboot,
    it goes like:
    stage1, reboot, stage 2, waiting for reboot... and it hangs.

Any ideas?

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

tindauic...were you able to jb your iphone. When I used the tutuorial on iclarify and download the 3.0.1 FW instead of the 3.0 it doesn't show up on my computer with .ispw. Sorry guys I'm a newbie but have jb broken my 3G many times. On step 2 to, after plugging into comp and press shift/restore the 3.0.1.ispw is not there and it won't open. I have crappa...wait I mean vista. Don't want to use XP. Has anyone successfully jb 3GS 3.0.1???

i did it!
    redsnow from iclarified tutorial (does not require dfu?)
    ipsw from modmyi (3.0 a341)
    point redsnow at ipsw and voila!

ps: it seems that the tpb redsn0w is different and i'm tired of banging my head against the wall to make it work, just use iclarified redsn0w 0.8

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

can u explain "point redsnow at ipsw"? when I downloaded the 3.0.1.restore...i don't get the ipsw suffix

Thanks

What suffix do you get? .zip? If so, just rename the file to .ipsw
    You have to use the 3.0 firmware not 3.0.1

sorry, it does not work for my xp

However, I can restore back my 3.0.1 without jail break my iPhone by bypass host verification the software

http://km.support.apple.com/library/...275/TS1275.png

This is the image I had before restoring back my 3.0.1
    Last edited by tindauic; 2009-10-08 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I also was able to jailbreak a 3gs with 3.0.1 and i downloaded the ispw and redsnow from the iclarified site and followed the directions for the redsnow part and it worked perfectly. I attempted to to use the ipsw 3.0 from the 3g instead of thE 3.0 from the 3gs. and redsnow gave instructions as if the phone were a 3g instead of a 3gs. That how I noticed i was using the incorrect ipsw.
    Last edited by fastwanabe; 2009-10-09 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fastwanabe View Post
    I also was able to jailbreak a 3gs with 3.0.1 and i downloaded the ispw and redsnow from the iclarified site and followed the directions for the redsnow part and it worked perfectly. I attempted to to use the ipsw 3.0 from the 3g instead of thE 3.0 from the 3gs. and redsnow gave instructions as if the phone were a 3g instead of a 3gs. That how I noticed i was using the incorrect ipsw.
    I have tried at least twice to jk by following the instruction in iclarified site. However, I could not do it.

When you get to redsnow are the instructions displaying exactly as iclarified site says.

jailbreak 3G[S] 3.0 OR 3.0.1 is simple

1. Download iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw if you don't already have it
    2. Plug in phone
    3. Open redsn0w 0.8
    4. Click "Browse" and select iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw from where you saved it to
    5. Follow the directions that redsn0w gives you. It holds your hand and walks you through the whole process

17. The Following User Says Thank You to L00i3 For This Useful Post:

tindauic (2009-10-14)

Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    jailbreak 3G[S] 3.0 OR 3.0.1 is simple

1. Download iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw if you don't already have it
    2. Plug in phone
    3. Open redsn0w 0.8
    4. Click "Browse" and select iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw from where you saved it to
    5. Follow the directions that redsn0w gives you. It holds your hand and walks you through the whole process
    Thank you, I have JB my 3GS by following your instruction. Before I had tried it, it did not work. Once again, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    What suffix do you get? .zip? If so, just rename the file to .ipsw
    You have to use the 3.0 firmware not 3.0.1
    How do I change the suffix from .zip/.rar to .ipsw