Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: installing jailbreak data..........

Default installing jailbreak data..........
    iphone 2G
    I have tried about 6 times to jailbreak 3.1. I have gone as far as to re-download both redsnow 8 and thee 3.0 ispw (apparently required for the 3.1 jailbreak).

The jailbreak begins like it should. Updates ramdisk, kernel, etc... It then hangs on a screen picturing a drive with an arrow over it. Underneath it says "downloading jailbreak data..." but never gets any further.

In my first several attempts I would break this after 5 min or so then restore with itunes. Found out that if you let it hang for about 10 minutes it will reboot as 3.1 but without cydia???

I have tried this on 3 different pc's with xp and vista. All have the same results. Has anyone else had this problem?

This is not my first jailbreak. I have had this iphone for 2yrs and been jailbreaking since it was new. I also realize that during the jailbreak I usually see the pineapple and terminal showing updated files etc. I am not seeing this???

Thanks

There is no jailbreak for 3.1 out yet!
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Quote Originally Posted by joshag View Post
    iphone 2G
    This is not my first jailbreak. I have had this iphone for 2yrs and been jailbreaking since it was new. I also realize that during the jailbreak I usually see the pineapple and terminal showing updated files etc. I am not seeing this???
    If this is not your first jailbreak, you must realize that iPhone Dev Team must update the system for 3.1. Please read the following post from this site on how you may never be able to unlock/jailbreak ever again if you directly download 3.1 from Apple.

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...-download.html

I've had my iPhone for 3 months and I figured this was common knowledge for someone who uses jailbreaking on their iPhone...
    Last edited by se7ensmatrix1216; 2009-09-13 at 11:17 PM.

Thanks

^That post wasn't by the iPhone Dev team
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    ^That post wasn't by the iPhone Dev team
    ^^Edited to make it correct.

you are right. my bad for not reading the complete dev team info.

Thanks

I did not read all the details of this post.

Jailbreak iPhone 3.1

Thanks

Quickpwn.com is a fraud and con.
    I wouldn't trust them for info and always get my information straight from the Dev Team

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

+1 right on as per usual pangie