Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do you downgrade from 3.1?

Default How do you downgrade from 3.1?
    I have a 2g and I need to get it back to 3.0 so I can unlock it! Please I need this asap if anyone has any clue or any help please let me know!

shift restore in itunes and select the 3.0 fw?
    im sure that works dont quote me though

yeah, that should do the trick. if you don't have the FW in your itunes firmware folder you can download it here at MMi in the download section

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am under the impression from today's announcement we can not downgrade from 3.1 There are all sorts of warnings to that effect all over the jailbreak community.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna_Oddfellow View Post
    I am under the impression from today's announcement we can not downgrade from 3.1 There are all sorts of warnings to that effect all over the jailbreak community.
    only for 3gs

it says the 2/3g are still able to downgrade if updated to the 3.1

i would assume you just do a shift restore with the 3.0 or 3.0.1 FW

then run redsnow using the 3.0 fw and there ya go

i am still on 3.0.1 i am waiting for the 3.1 hack before i update my 3g

Yep, from what I understand, those of us w/ a 3GS are unable to downgrade.

So, I'm just going to hold out till there's a full jailbreak after the 25th MMS update.

Thanks

Anything except the 3GS & the new iPod touch will be able to downgrade.

Plus, adding on to the other people, you need to go into DFU mode first or else you'll just keep getting errors.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

I tried downgrading my iPhone 3G to 3.0.1 but after I did, I received an error 1015 and now I am stuck at recovery mode. I did put it on DFU mode before I downgraded but this Error 1015 keeps appearing. I'm using iTunes 8.2.1.6 and I don't know what to do next Any suggestions?

Thanks

I think that one comes from mismatching basebands. If you go into DFU mode correctly, you will still get the message but you should be able to ignore it.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something