Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: hhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Default hhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
    hey guys i really need help on this its really bothering me
    i was able to jailbreak my phone with redsnow and the 3.0 software for the iphone i have the iphone 3gs 3.01 software
    so i did everything and it worked...

i then decided to follow another step to ssh into the iphone and perform this list
    1. Access your iPhone’s directory via OpenSSH.
    2. Navigate to the root directory - /___________
    3. Navigate to the directory - /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileInstallation.framework/
    4. Backup the MobileInstallation file already in that folder
    5. Upload the new MobileInstallion file that you previously downloaded
    6. Set the permissions of this file to 775. (right click, go to info, or properties)
    7. Navigate to the directory - /private/var/mobile/
    8. Set the permissions of the Applications folder to 777 - do not check make recursive
    9. Open the Applications folder and create a new folder in this directory called - Documents
    10. Set the permission of this folder to 777 - check make recursive
    11. Navigate to the top directory
    12. Set the permissions of the folder /Applications to 777 - do not check make recursive
    13. Open the Applications folder and create a new folder in this directory called - Documents
    14. Set the permission of this folder to 777 - check make recursive
    15. Close the program and reboot your iPhone
    16. Once your iPhone reboots, open iTunes, drag your ipa files into the applications folder within iTunes
    17. Sync your iPhone and your apps will be there and they should work
    18. If they don’t open, download a free app from the app store, then re-sync the cracked ipa’s.

i did exactly that and phone when into restore mode so i restored the phone

then i wanted to rejailbreak it and its suck at a lack screen when it sais done on redsnow nothing happens i would have to hold the power for about 10 seconds and my original screen would appear untouched what can i do to fix this how can i get it to jailbreak again ?

thanks in advanced

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Welcome to MMi,
    First of all you should know that this forum does not support, discuss or aide in any way with warez or cracked apps. Also as you can see it may cause major problems also.
    You will have to put your phone in DFU mode, restore in iTunes and then re-jailbreak/unlock if you desire.
    In case you need them here are instructions on how to get the phone in DFU.
    Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
    Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
    Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it detects iPhone in restore/recovery mode.

Alternative Method:
    Step 1. Connect iPhone to USB then listen to the sound when it connects and disconnects.
    Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.
    Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button.

i think you missed an "l" in your title
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Welcome to MMi,
    First of all you should know that this forum does not support, discuss or aide in any way with warez or cracked apps. Also as you can see it may cause major problems also.
    You will have to put your phone in DFU mode, restore in iTunes and then re-jailbreak/unlock if you desire.
    funny how theres enough threads and a section about it though lol and like i said i was able to jailbreak it before now its just a black screen....i am able to restore it but unable to re-jailbreak

Thanks

Trust me there are no threads about warez or cracked apps on the forum.
    If the phone gets stuck during the J/B process you can unplug the USB for 3 seconds and plug back in, this usually forces it to continue.

Trust me there are no threads about warez or cracked apps on the forum.
    If the phone gets stuck during the J/B process you can unplug the USB for 3 seconds and plug back in, this usually forces it to continue.

sorry guess im just tired and cranky i want this phone to jailbreak lol i tried that all i still see is a blank screen then i hold power brings me back to the way it was prior to the process so i resotre back as new phone and redo the process nothing still blank screen

i seriously dont know what else to do i restarted windows even changed windows to windows 7 (dualboot) installed latest version of itunes tried to re-jailbreak it program says done iphone still black iunplug and replug...still black idonno anymore i think i should just bring it to a gsm place lol or try it on a mac?
    Last edited by rico89; 2009-09-10 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Trying it on a Mac may help. Not sure why your having such a problem. Even if you screwed up the file system you say you can restore and it works. Then redsn0w stops and a blank screen.
    I would assume you have the correct .ipsw
    Not sure where to go from here. Someone else may have some idea.

Trying it on a Mac may help. Not sure why your having such a problem. Even if you screwed up the file system you say you can restore and it works. Then redsn0w stops and a blank screen.
    I would assume you have the correct .ipsw
    Not sure where to go from here. Someone else may have some idea.
    i always get messed up problems in wtv i do 1 in a million i guess yes it is the right ipaw wtv its called lol cuz i used the same one to jb it previously and that worked saw the pineapple dancing hehe

could it be that i have os 3.1 on my iphone now? can i reverse that ?
    Last edited by rico89; 2009-09-10 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You may have spoken the wrong numbers. 3.01 is ok. 3.1 which JUST came out is not a good number at the moment... IF you did happen to use 3.1 you may be stuck for an unknown time. dev team mentions that there is a new problem with the baseband and until they release it you will not be able to safely update. So I hope in your case you did put in 3.01. Cause if you did you MAY have a change to recover but the way it sounds you may have to wait.

If you put 3.01 in and in the past you made the backup of important files listed in most postings for updating previous 3G models there may be hope.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LrdBane For This Useful Post:

rico89 (2009-09-10)

Quote Originally Posted by LrdBane View Post
    You may have spoken the wrong numbers. 3.01 is ok. 3.1 which JUST came out is not a good number at the moment... IF you did happen to use 3.1 you may be stuck for an unknown time. dev team mentions that there is a new problem with the baseband and until they release it you will not be able to safely update. So I hope in your case you did put in 3.01. Cause if you did you MAY have a change to recover but the way it sounds you may have to wait.

If you put 3.01 in and in the past you made the backup of important files listed in most postings for updating previous 3G models there may be hope.
    I did do a backup via iTunes is that considered good or am I screwed cuz I did back it up when I was on 3.01 via iTunes backup now unfortunately I'm on 3.1

A backup only backs up your data and info. It doesn't backup the core stuff like the firmware. On the jailbreak stuff there were .. Yah i'm afraid you are going to have to wait and hope they come out with a way to jailbreak it so you can at least have access to the phone. Will be another story on the ultrasnow baseband fix to be able to make phone calls...

iClarified - iPhone - How to Capture Your iPhone 3GS iBEC and iBSS (Windows)
    This is the backup i was referring to in a graphical manor. There are guides here that tell you how to do it too but i'm pretty sure you did not do this...

You know you MIGHT be able to downgrade to 2.2 i remember reading these problems with the 3.0 beta it was possible to go back but since there is a new problem still with the 3.1 I doubt it would even work and I dare tell you to try it without making it worse. Guess the best thing is to wait. Check here on the main page ofton and or the dev teams blog
    Dev-Team Blog

Thanks

wow, 3.1 you may been done for. Some have reported that it can be jailbroken with redsn0w 8 but I can't confirm this. Sure wish you would have told me in the beginning of all this that you were on 3.1. If you couldn't jailbreak it I guess the rumors were false.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

Strange how I tried jb3.1 by using 3.0 firmware and would like to confirm it doesn't wrk however I was able to set it into dfu and then as soon as it went black I just let go of the buttons and simply just pressed power to turn it back on

Strange how I tried jb3.1 by using 3.0 firmware and would like to confirm it doesn't wrk however I was able to set it into dfu and then as soon as it went black I just let go of the buttons and simply just pressed power to turn it back on
    Last edited by mkblade; 2009-09-10 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yah and with the latest with Apple kicking out 3.0 updates through iTunes you can't use anything other than 3.1 to update. Can't even downgrade which sucks now that I learned you could downgrade 3.0 only to not be able to. LOL so even less options for problems. Only time will tell now its dev teams move. Its not check mate yet

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

Can u restore back to a new phone or can nothing be done?

Only new phone you can restore to is 3.1 at the moment. guess you could sell it to someone that would only be able to use it on ATnT... but hey they may be able to figure out how to get around it. OR they may not for a long time.