Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3G Redsn0w problems

Default Iphone 3G Redsn0w problems
    Hey everyone Im a new member mostly because ive never had any problems with my phone. When the 3.0 came out i used redsnow and accidently installed cydia and icy at the same time. This caused problems with both programs but i ignored it for awhile. Yesterday I decided I wanted to fix this issue so I restored by iphone and installed JUST ICY with Redsn0w. BIG MISTAKE. Everytime I finish restoring and jailbreaking (a 1 hour ordeal) the phone works fine until I install ANY APP that requires the iphone to reboot OR I reboot the phone myself. Once the phone restarts (for whatever reason it was) It just frezes on the apple screen. The phone still syncs with my laptop, I can run Redsn0w again while its frozen, but I cannot get the phone to work properly (As in not show me an apple)

What can I do so that when I restart my iphone or turn it off/on it will work again? FYI i am running iphone 3g 3.01 redsnow .8

Thanks

Did you set up the restored phone as a NEW PHONE in iTunes?
    If not I'd bet that is ur prob.
    Do hope that helps

**uoʇʇnq sʞuɐɥʇ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Welcome to MMi,
    I suggest you restore, set up as a new phone and then run redsn0w choosing Cydia only.

No I didnt think of that nor did I think it would make a difference.. If I restore as a new phone wont I lost all my contacts? Or do I restore as new phone then sync it with my "profile"?

also it doesnt make a diff if I use cydia or Icy right? I like Icy better.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

yup, the sync will get your contacts back.

cool thanks guy. I appreciate both of your help.

hey quick question. now that I have set up the iphone as a new phone, is there a way to get any of my photos that were backed up under the other profile?
    Last edited by juanesto; 2009-09-08 at 03:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Arrow Can someone tell me...........???
    ????????????.......... does redsn0w "know" if the phone has been jail broke before?

I have a problem with NO SERVICE and I am sure the first time around with redsn0w that there 3 boxes to tick, Unlock, Cydia, & Icy BUT the second time around I only see Cydia and Icy, NO Unlock option?

Which leads to my second problem, first time around I was able to access ultrasn0w with Cydia, but this time around I notice that both the Package & Sources sections are blank, no content whatsoever, and although I have good wireless signal and can connect with Cydia, it just will not download ultrasn0w

Icy say the link is not valid so no joy there either........

What to do now

hey quick question. now that I have set up the iphone as a new phone, is there a way to get any of my photos that were backed up under the other profile?

** edit **

Or anything that was saved under a previous profile? A lot of good photos and data such as notes and other information is inretrievable now that I had to restore my phone as a new profile. The only way I can think of is to restore again, load the faulty profile, sync ALL the data I am missing to my laptop, restore AGAIN and use the new profile. Thats a 2 hour ordeal and annoying as **** because it takes forever to restore 3 times.. Is there ANY OTHER way to retrieve the photos and data that are backed up under another profile?? PLEASE HELP!
    Last edited by juanesto; 2009-09-09 at 05:28 AM. Reason: new question

hey guys ,
    i recently jailbroke my iphone 3gs and i have the cydia and the icy installed...i have faced no problem yet...both the installers seem to be working fine on my phone..
    but when i read ur blog its out up a question in my mind ...Should keep both or just keep cydia ??
    coz i dont want to harm my phone