Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ipod touch 2g cydia issues please help!

Default ipod touch 2g cydia issues please help!
    i just jailbroke my friends ipod touch 2g using redsn0w. I used .7.2 not .8 because.8 was not working and then i was going to get him a couple things from cydia and i when i went in it asked the whole first cydia boot thing, hacker, dev, user...etc.

Then cydia crashed, i thought cause of first run so i rebooted. Every time i go into cydia it crashes right away. I've tried rebooting several times and same result.

Should i rejailbreak and if do, do i have to restore first or can i just do it again with it already jailbroken?

please respond soon!

Daniel

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Try rejailbreaking. You don't necessarily have to restore first. If it still doesn't work, try restoring in an earlier version of iTunes then jailbreak. Heard it worked for someone to use an older iTunes. 8.1 I believe.

More likely just a problem with Cydia. Try again after a few hours and it will probably work.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I found the issue it was because i was using redsn0w to install both cydia and icy. now it works find and i just installed icy from cydia.