Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Do I do "shift restore" with redsnow?

Default Do I do "shift restore" with redsnow?
    I have read so many things on here that they have all run together (don't laugh, with any luck YOU will be old one day to)
    Anyhow, I recently used redsnow to upgrade my 2G phone from 2.1 to 3.0.. And as my luck would have it I finally loaded a rogue app that has screwed up my phone so I guess I need to restore and re jailbreak to get rid of it since it won't allow me to delete it..My question is; I have read someting about using shift+restore but I don't remember if that is what I need to do now instead of just restore and then redsnow as I did originally. Can someone give an old man a little info on this? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Do a standard restore, then run redsn0w.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simtech For This Useful Post:

John1177 (2009-08-29)

one more question, it has been over a year since I unlocked this phone and you needed bl39 and 46 then, I still have them on my desktop, are they still the same or do I need to download them again?

Thanks

1 - Do a restore in iTunes (yes! shift select correct .ipsw)
    2 - run Redsn0w - it will guide you
    3 - depending on ipsw version and phone BL-39.bin + BL-46.bin is asked for - in yr case YES!)
    Do hope that helps

**uoʇʇnq sʞuɐɥʇ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sursture For This Useful Post:

John1177 (2009-08-29)

Quote Originally Posted by John1177 View Post
    I have read so many things on here that they have all run together (don't laugh, with any luck YOU will be old one day to)
    Anyhow, I recently used redsnow to upgrade my 2G phone from 2.1 to 3.0.. And as my luck would have it I finally loaded a rogue app that has screwed up my phone so I guess I need to restore and re jailbreak to get rid of it since it won't allow me to delete it..My question is; I have read someting about using shift+restore but I don't remember if that is what I need to do now instead of just restore and then redsnow as I did originally. Can someone give an old man a little info on this? I would really appreciate it.
    When You're Running RedsnOW you don't need to shift-restore it just asks you to locate the firmware and click on it