Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: stuck at apple boot logo with frozen spinning wheel PLEASE HELP

Default stuck at apple boot logo with frozen spinning wheel PLEASE HELP
    hey guys, this had got me stumped. i recently updated to 3.0.1 using redsnow. i did everything perfectly and i've been jailbreaking since 1.1.4. after jailbreaking everything runs smoothly until i reboot then the phone sticks on boot logo and the spinning wheel freezes up.

i've restored and re jailbroken several times just to end up at the same place.

any ideas or help would be amazing!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Are you putting the phone in DFU mode?

yeah. i mean right after the jailbreak everything works perfect. cydia loads i can run my apps and access all of my stuff but as soon as i reboot it freezes up and doesn't get past the boot logo. i've tried to just reset and that doesn't do anything either.

Thanks

when you restored, did you set up as a new phone or sync from a back-up?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    when you restored, did you set up as a new phone or sync from a back-up?
    Again, this is huge. If restoring as new and then jailbreaking ((without installing any apps etc)) you still have the same problems then you have some issues for sure. If this happens after you install or sync then you need to narrow it down to what is causing the problems.
    Do the restore/jailbreak and then install SBSettings. Still no problem, then start installing the rest of your apps. If it crashes you can go to SBSettings/More/Mobile Substrate Addons and turn off each app one at a time and try to figure out which one it is that is causing your problem.
    Try this and we'll go from there. Dealing with problems like this requires that you give a complete history of what you have done, what you have installed etc. in order to point you in the right direction.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Need more details

i am restoring from back up. that's what i've always done before. the phone isn't really crashing per se. basically i found out that it happens just because after i jailbroke the first time it was acting buggy. it was running slow and acting up so i figured i'd reboot. that is when it froze up on me. since then all i'm doing is restore and update to 3.0.1. restore from back up and sync then jailbreak using redsnow with fw 3.0. the phone runs flawlessly and is my same old iphone i fell in love with until i reboot.

i'll try to set up as a new phone to see if i have the same problems. as far as adding apps and all that jazz i haven't gotten that far yet.

EDIT: just finished everything again and the phone is running great. i set it up as a new phone and ran redsnow. phone is working but i'm afraid to reboot but i'll give it a shot when i get home from work and report back to let you know.
    Last edited by coppernights; 2009-08-28 at 01:54 PM.

Do you have apt backup? If so, when you are backing your phone in iTunes, if there is a bad file, it will automatically be transfered again on your new firmware. First, reinstall the 3.0.1 firmware, then jailbreak. Don't do a "restore from backup". Once the jailbreak is done, set it up as a new phone. All of your data will be synced back by itunes (I know its long but there's something wrong with your backup file). When all is done, install (one at a time) your cydia apps. This should work.

reset as a new phone, installed everything did a reboot and i got my baby back...everything is running perfectly now.

thank you for all of your help

Quote Originally Posted by coppernights View Post
    hey guys, this had got me stumped. i recently updated to 3.0.1 using redsnow. i did everything perfectly and i've been jailbreaking since 1.1.4. after jailbreaking everything runs smoothly until i reboot then the phone sticks on boot logo and the spinning wheel freezes up.

i've restored and re jailbroken several times just to end up at the same place.

any ideas or help would be amazing!!!
    did you try to hard reset your iPhone? hold both home and power buttons together and release them when Apple logo shows up. It will take a longer time to boot up to your home screen.

Exclamation iPhone 2g also stuck at Apple Logo....
    Hey guys I'm nubbie but have a serious issue with my iPhone 2g. I recently unlocked it and jailbroke it. I was running 3.0 and everything was working fine until I decided to remove the old sim card and erase a few of the apps I installed through Cydia (winterboard, PREtentious, DOOM)....but then the phone shut off and wont restart...it gets stuck on the apple logo and then turns off. iTunes doesnt recognize it either. I've tried putting it in DFU mode, but that doesnt work!!! WHAT TO DO?!?!?

Thanks

^ Welcome to MMi,

Try one of these methods.
    DFU mode
    INSTRUCTIONS
    Step 1. Turn off iPhone
    Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
    Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
    Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it detects iPhone in restore/recovery mode.

Alternative Method:
    Step 1. Connect iPhone to USB then listen to the sound when it connects and disconnects.
    Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.
    Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button.

Quote Originally Posted by coppernights View Post
    reset as a new phone, installed everything did a reboot and i got my baby back...everything is running perfectly now.

thank you for all of your help
    Not syncing from a back-up is the best way ((especially when upgrading to a major firmware)) you'll save many headaches, glad it worked out for you.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-09-01 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost