Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem selecting ISPW for current firmware

Default Problem selecting ISPW for current firmware
    Hi, I can't seem to run redsn0w properly (on XP).

When I run redsn0w and click browse to select the corresponding ISPW for you current firmware, I only seem to have folders to open, I can't see the apple firmware files. Am I doing something wrong? I have downloaded the iphone1,2_3.0_7A341Restore but just cannot see the apple files when I run redsn0w.

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Make a folder in documents, name it whatever you like, I named mine iphone firmwares. Place the downloaded restore file in that folder. When in redsnow and browsing, open the folder, click on the restore file you downloaded and click open and it should automatically find it and continue on.

Thanks

make sure the file isn't a .zip file. It's supposed to be .ipsw.
    Show extensions and then check it
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

had same problem, just download with FIREFOX.
    Solved

Thanks for the replies. When I go into the restore file from browse in redsn0w, I only get two folders coming up, .fseventsd and Firmware these are the only two things that are displayed. I don't seem to have any ISPW files.

I've downloaded it a few times to much sure I've got everything but they're still not coming up.

just download with FIREFOX

Just as angiepangie stated, but you need to change the .zip extension to .ipsw (ignore the warning of changing file extensions). Then you should be good to go.

Thanks

You can't change the .zip extension to .ipsw if you can't see it. If you can't then you will have to change your settings to "show known extensions". Google it if you don't know how.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

In windows it's under folder options. Mac is under Finder>Preferences
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hi, i have this problem. i have down loaded the 3.0.0 firmware and have renamed the zip file a ipsw file. however when in redsn0w i find the file it start to check the file but is say can not reconise ipsw file. can anyone help

Thanks

What's the full name of the ipsw file you're using?

hi ther. its iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.zip i have tried to rename the zip a ipsw tried unzipping to another file but it says this file already exsits or has some errors. could you point me in the right direction of the correct ipsw and exactally what i need to do to it. many thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphoneollie View Post
    hi ther. its iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.zip i have tried to rename the zip a ipsw tried unzipping to another file but it says this file already exsits or has some errors. could you point me in the right direction of the correct ipsw and exactally what i need to do to it. many thanks
    As Gusss was saying Internet explorer downloads a .zip file. Mozilla Firefox recognises the .IPSW and leaves that in full.

If you use Firefox to download the file it will work fine.

hi, yes that worked all unlocked now. one thing i noticed that the siganl isnt as good as i thought it might be. with my old nokia i used to get full signal here but im at 3-4 bars now. would this be because of the unlocking? has anyone else had problems with siganl after or am i just being paranoid

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphoneollie View Post
    hi, yes that worked all unlocked now. one thing i noticed that the siganl isnt as good as i thought it might be. with my old nokia i used to get full signal here but im at 3-4 bars now. would this be because of the unlocking? has anyone else had problems with siganl after or am i just being paranoid
    Was your old Nokia a 3G phone. On the iPhone you may only be getting 3 bars of 3G, but it could still be a full cell signal. I find the iPhone signal bars to be more for Data than call signal.
    If you have zero 3G bars you may then get full Edge bars etc...