Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3GS Crashing After Jailbreak

Default Iphone 3GS Crashing After Jailbreak
    I used redsnow 0.8 to jailbreak my iphone 3gs 3.0.1. Once I complete the process my iphone crashes on almost all apps like safari, cydia, email. Ive restored it like 10 times trying to get it right. Please help someone. thanks

interesting. how are you restoring? are you doing a DFU restore or do you keep restoring to a backup?
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

I do a clean dfu restore. the crash happens almost instantly. I also tried doing it on another computer to see if my computer was the variable messing up the process. still no luck. cydia crashes as soon as i open it. thanks for the reply

are you setting up the phone as a new phone or restoring from a previous backup once the DFU restore is done?

New phone. I jailbreak it to unlock it. I don't have an att sim. Is that a problem?

no i have a tmobile sim in mine at all times. heres what i do.

1. go into DFU mode
    2.Do a shift restore in iTunes
    3. Select the ipsw and restore
    4. Set up as new phone.
    5. reset network settings
    6. jailbreak using redsn0w
    7. reset network settings once again
    8. Then open up cydia and download ultrasn0w

that seems to work perfectly for me. the symptoms your having make no sense at all.

what apn settings do you use. epc.tmobile.com or internet2.voicestream.com

still crashing. any other trouble shooting steps.
    Last edited by jay188; 2009-08-20 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

epc.tmobile.com

but that shouldnt make a difference. can you explain this "crash" that you get?

As soon I'm done jailbreaking with the jailbreaking process I go to cydia. Cydia starts acting up. It like force closes its self it does this like 10 times before I can do the upgrade. After the upgrade it still does this. I check out safari to see if its working and like 3/4 to loading the page it also force closes. Sometimes they work but not for long. After a few min they start closing them selves

i tried downgrading then upgrading again and its still doing it. im not even unlocking it anymore. it has to be in the jail breaking process. i didnt even start cydia. i just went directly into safari and tried browsing and it did it again. I really dont know anything else i can do. do you have any more suggestions.

thanks for all your help
    Last edited by jay188; 2009-08-21 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

im a little lost at this point. i cant think of what might be going on with that. hopefully someone else here may know a little more about this issue and be able to shed some light

i put an att sim today to see if the phone works before jailbreaking and it is not working. do you have any advice for me?

Have you tried re-downloading or downloading your jailbrake program from somewhere else? It seems like I have seen that as a solution to similar problems before

Quote Originally Posted by jay188 View Post
    i put an att sim today to see if the phone works before jailbreaking and it is not working. do you have any advice for me?
    Hi,

Which firmware version you've point to when the redsn0w ask? version 3.0?