Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyone go through this yet?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Anyone go through this yet?
    I've read threads and people have problems similar to this but I just can't figure it out.

I'm trying to jailbreak my Iphone 3GS 3.0.1 through redsn0w 0.8 and it doesn't want to work. I tried the firmware download 2,1_3.0 in the thread in Iphone news and it will set up, go through the motions and then when it says updating ram, it seems to not load, just skips it. The iphone says downloading data and stays there for about thirty minutes before it reboots to the lock screen and doesn't have the pineapple or cydia.

So, I kept looking around the forum and read a post that said to use the firmware 2,1_3.0.1 and tried to use that through redsn0w 0.8 and when i selected that firmware it wouldn't recognize it.

I've tried doing the first method 5-10 times before i gave up because Raptors said it could just be the redsn0w program. I redownloaded the programs multiple times with no luck.

I also read that you have to pull out the usb cord from the computer itself to "jumpstart" redsn0w. I pulled it from the computer during the "waiting to reboot" and also from the iphone end as well with no luck.

Can someone please help me??!!!!

When you use redsn0w with 3.0.1, when asked to locate the ipsw file, you have to point it at the 3.0 (They are the same except that 3.0.1 fixed the sms hack). So with 3.0.1, run redsn0w but point it at 3.0 ipsw file. Then let it do its thing.

The pulling of the usb cable is only if the process stalls at the very beginning (after putting your iphone in DFU) where it would say "waiting for reboot" and so far, I've only encountered this on 2G iphones.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Was this phone jailbroken before? If so, did you have Cydia hidden or in a category?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Was this phone jailbroken before? If so, did you have Cydia hidden or in a category?
    No, it's a brand new phone.

Quote Originally Posted by satch2501 View Post
    When you use redsn0w with 3.0.1, when asked to locate the ipsw file, you have to point it at the 3.0 (They are the same except that 3.0.1 fixed the sms hack). So with 3.0.1, run redsn0w but point it at 3.0 ipsw file. Then let it do its thing.

The pulling of the usb cable is only if the process stalls at the very beginning (after putting your iphone in DFU) where it would say "waiting for reboot" and so far, I've only encountered this on 2G iphones.
    i used the 3.0 file and it wouldn't go through the updating ram, it seemed to skip it and said done.
    Last edited by hfinmyblood; 2009-08-17 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost