Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone never reboots during the jailbreak process

Default iPhone never reboots during the jailbreak process
    I have a iPhone 2G, using the correct firmware boot loaders. My iPhone is always stuck at "waiting for reboot" during the process. I have tried using redsnow 0.8 and 0.72 and have also tried doing the unplug/replug method. I tried changeing to dfu mode before opening redsn0w and I was able to get passed the "waiting for reboot" and all the way to finish but my iphone was still not jailbroken or unlocked. I also tried setting my iphone to recovery mode while it was waiting for reboot and it finished the process but my iphone was still not jailbroken or unlocked. any ideas?

Thanks

Unplug/replug and then leave the phone done until the phone itself reboots. Redsn0w gives you the "Finish" option before the process is actually finished, so wait until everything is done then press that. Hopefully that solves your problem.
    Respect your elders.

my iphone never shows the hardrive with a green arrow saying "Downloading Jailbroken Data" it stays as a black screen and never changes.

Thanks

Make sure you are unplugging the USB from the COMPUTER, NOT the iPhone. Then quickly put it back in as All day said. This works for me everytime.

It always does that for me...just keep trying until it does reboot

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My iphone hasnt powered on since the redsnow jailbreaking process. The computer doesnt even accept the iphone nor does it charge

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    Unplug/replug and then leave the phone done until the phone itself reboots. Redsn0w gives you the "Finish" option before the process is actually finished, so wait until everything is done then press that. Hopefully that solves your problem.
    thank you sir haha very clever worked for me on the new Mac Book Pro
    Need Assistance? Read Here Tutorial On How to Know Everything