Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone from hell - Oh yeah and need help

Default Iphone from hell - Oh yeah and need help
    8gig Iphone 3g 3.0.1

Here is my story. I have a 3g that will always freeze after a restore, recovery and jailbreak. I also get a white screen after jailbreak sometimes. I have put it in DFU mode, and recovery mode with the i tunes logo on the iphone. Sometimes after a restore, I will get an apple logo with the thinking circle under it that will just keep going and going until it restarts and continue with the thinking. I have the newest i tunes installed. I have uninstalled it and installed 7.7 with no change. I have switched computers also with no change. I have not used a mac yet. Gotta find 1 first. Frustration is setting in little by little. I have bean able to get to the application screen a couple of times for a short period of time until it freezes again. It's almost like a hit and miss. By the way there is no warranty for this device. I wish it was that simple. I have also checked all possible connection.

Are you on AT&T? If not, have you installed a legal version of the ipsw file and used redsn0w? You need to give us details as to what you are trying to do. Do you need to unlock or simply jailbreak?

Well I have verizon. I am just trying to get the phone to the activate SIM state. It will get there and lock up. Do I need an active ATT SIM? The phone was given to me and I just wanted to use it as an ipod for my car. I have let itunes download the newest firmware to it and it will still freeze at the (slide to emergency screen). What is odd though, when it get to the emergency screen it will have the slider on the bottom and it will also have the itunes logo. Like when it is in recovery mode.

UPDATE: I seem to get the phone working on and off. New issue. When I do get it to work, whenever I press the power button it will freeze. I then need to reboot the phone ( press power and home for 10 sec.) Then I can sometimes get it back.
    Last edited by loonie01; 2009-08-11 at 10:32 PM.

Restore.
    Run RedSn0w.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Tried that with no good solution.

UPDATE: Im able to get the phone working periodically. Here is something else I found. The auto brightness does not work. I will not dim or brighten on it's own. Also when it auto-lock it will freeze. Even when the springboard needs to be restarted it will freeze.
    Last edited by loonie01; 2009-08-14 at 12:35 AM.

What do you mean? RedSn0w hactivates and solves your problem. Unless I have not understood what you are saying.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.