Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: unexplained pages after jailbreak

Default unexplained pages after jailbreak
    I have a 2G phone, just updated from 2.1 to 3.0 and have some unexplained pages on my phone. when it boots up it goes to the first page that my icons are on, however, there is a page before this that looks like a safari page, it says "search iphone" in the window, if you touch that the keyboard comes up, when you type in anything either my contacts open or my favorites comes up. I cannot get rid of this page, anyone else have this problem? Anyone know how to fix it? ok, next problem, anytime I either get an app from the app store or I get something from lydia, suddenly I have about 5 or 6 extra pages. These pages look blank until you make it squirrely so you can re-arrange icons, then all those extra pages are filled with little circles with an x in them. if you click on one a little box comes up that asks (Do you want to delete bookmark ""?) you have to do this to everyone of these individually to get rid of them, BUT, if I roboot the phone, boom, all 5 or 6 pages are of little x's are back and I have to delete them all over again. However, every app I got from the app store the icon for everyone of them has that little circle with an x in it in the upper right corner when you make it squqqly... I tried to delete them and then reload them from the app store again and same problem is there.
    Anyone??? help??? Thanks in advance
    Last edited by John1177; 2009-08-07 at 03:47 PM.

Thanks

First "problem" you have is an added feature of 3.0 - it allows you to "Search iPhone" just like it says in the box at the top.

Second problem - I'd imagine you've added a theme such as iNav at some point?

yes I have downloaded "inav"...is that the culprit? Do I need to get rid of it?

Thanks

It's not iNav or anything similar that is the problem. It's just you've still got BlankNull (I think that's what it's called) still installed so your phone is still set up for that type of theme.

***EDIT***

You can check by using the 1st problem you have!
    Last edited by iGuy; 2009-08-07 at 06:02 PM.

ok, I misunderstood you, no I don't have Inav "theme".. I do have Inav installed tho, I have "windows 7 theme" as my theme. I did a search for blank null but said No Results". Any other thoughts?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

If it is web clips from an iNav set up, you can SSH to private/var/mobile/library/webclips and delete the files there.

I really don't know where they come from. All I know for sure is, if I reboot it takes an unusaully long time to both shut down AND reboot and walla, they are back. also if I add something from cydia that causes it to reboot, walla, they are back again.

Thanks

remove iNav theme and navigate to the directory I gave you and remove the webclips, should cure your problem.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

John1177 (2009-08-07)

Ok, I removed "Inav". deleted the webclips and rebooted and hooray, no new pages,, HOWEVER"..(LOL isn't there always a however.)When I go to the squiggly page (don't know what it is really called) the one where you can move icons around, the 5 that I got from appstore, still have that little circle in the corner of the icon. But for now all is well I guess.. I will see what happens next time I download something... Thank you so much for your help..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by John1177 View Post
    When I go to the squiggly page (don't know what it is really called) the one where you can move icons around, the 5 that I got from appstore, still have that little circle in the corner of the icon. But for now all is well I guess.. I will see what happens next time I download something... Thank you so much for your help..
    Are you talking about the badge? If so perhaps you have pending updates, not sure if I'm understanding.

Anyway, cool beans. Glad we cured your major problem.

Thanks

That is how you remove the AppStore apps from the phone (a little circle with a X in it yes?). The apps you've downloaded from Cydia won't have that as you manage them from within Cydia itself.