Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2g 3.0.1 question

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default 2g 3.0.1 question
    hi just had 3.0 jb then pluged it into itunes and by accident upgraded it to 3.0.1. how can i get it back to 3.0 so i could jailbreak it to 3.0 jb. thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

You can jailbreak it again. From what I have read redsn0w 7 works better for 3.0.1

Redsn0w 0.8 works but when the phone hangs on "reboot", you simply remove the usb cable from your phone for 3 seconds and plug it back in and the process will continue. When doing the jailbreak, you will need to point redsn0w to the 3.0 firmware and not the 3.0.1. They are exactly the same except for the SMS patch.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to satch2501 For This Useful Post:

RaginAsian55 (2009-08-12)

iPhone? More like MyPhone RaginAsian55's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by satch2501 View Post
    Redsn0w 0.8 works but when the phone hangs on "reboot", you simply remove the usb cable from your phone for 3 seconds and plug it back in and the process will continue. When doing the jailbreak, you will need to point redsn0w to the 3.0 firmware and not the 3.0.1. They are exactly the same except for the SMS patch.

This little tidbit worked perfectly for me! I was really getting worried, too because I'm on a MAC and can't get the 0.7.1 software. 2g now unlocked with Cydia installed on 3.0.1 firmware! Yay!