Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 2G and 3G Stuck at boot logo

Default iPhone 2G and 3G Stuck at boot logo
    Okay. I have 2 iPhones. One is mine and one is a friend's. My friend has AT&T (3G) and I have T-Mobile (2G). Both phones have been updated to 3.0 and jailbroken via Redsn0w. When I install winterboard, they both freeze at restart. No matter what I do, they both freeze at restart. The only time it doesn't freeze is if I don't install Winterboard or install ActivateMMS2G for my 2G.

What is going on? I don't restore from backups. Here's my process (all on Windows Vista, I've tried it on XP to no avail):

I put the phones in DFU mode.

I restore them on iTunes to 3.0.

I use redsn0w (both 7.2 and 8.0 on several attempts)

I run redsn0w and jailbreak and unlock my 2G. I just jailbreak the 3G.

I DO NOT RESTORE FROM BACKUP.

I go to Cydia, install updates. Then go back to install themes and ringtones, thus needing Winterboard. I restart both phones and neither will start back up.

I don't use **********. I don't know what to do. Please, tell me what I'm missing.

Do I need different ispw files? I'm stumped. They are fine when I don't put winterboard on, but who wants a jailbroken phone with no winterboard? That's whack.

Thanks MODMYi geniuses.

I see nobody has replied...

Update though, the phone also crashes when it runs completely out of battery. It wouldn't turn back on.
    Last edited by BlackGoku03; 2009-07-30 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Smile Hope this helps
    Where did you get the firmware from? You can try a different one I will send a site that I used. I use redsnow .07.1. I had no luck with .8. The firmware I used was for a 3G. I would just open itunes click on the iphone and hold the shift and click restore then find the firmware from the website at **bottom and restore it. The jailbreak with redsnow using the same firmware and install winterboard first. It should work. Give it time if it is slow. Iahve had the phone seem like it hungup on the boot screen but after a while it works. I do not know what else to tell you. I hope this works for you. I will also upload the redsnow I used. I will winrar the firmware I used also.
    It is giving me problems trying to upload so here is a link to download redsnow if you want to try another one
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICPqxTHbS6s]YouTube - Iphone 3g jailbreak with Redsnow for 3 0 firmware on windows[/ame]

Tys iPhone Help Downloads

If you need any more help just PM me or I will check back on Thursday
    Last edited by JJMA; 2009-07-30 at 06:49 AM.

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Let me know if it does not work.

I'm letting you know, it doesn't work. I've had my phone jailbroken but I haven't downloaded ActivateMMS2g or winterboard. It sucks.

What's this I hear of a tethered and untethered version of RedSn0w? I have a friend who jailbroke his and was able to get installer on his phone as well as cydia. He said he used untethered verson of redsnow.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I am not sure about untethered redsnow. I have always connected it to jailbreak. Have you tried to reset all settings it take two hours I think. Then try again? When ever I have problems I do that and then can fix what problem I was having.
    If I have helped you please hit the Thanks button.

Reset settings on what exactly?

I've tried redsn0w 7.1, 7.2, and 8.0 and they all yield the same results: freeze on reboot. What the hell should I do?

I run this on multiple XP machines to no avail. Makes no sense.