Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No wi-fi, after J/B and unlock 2g

Default No wi-fi, after J/B and unlock 2g
    Just as it says. Its not greyed out, its just not there on the top of the screen. Even when the slider is on for wi-fi it will not find any networks. Any ideas?

Need more details, can you make a phone call or does the Edge/3G working for you? Do you have a service from your carrier?

Everything works, just no wi-fi.

Default The Final Answer
    I Have Absolutely Positively Found What The Wifi Problem Is With The 2G iPhones. The Battery!. When The Battery Life Has Dropped. Wifi Will Not Work If Your Battery Life Is Higher? Than 50% I Thought This Was B.S. Until I Tried It. If You Have An Actual App That Allows You To See Your Battery Percentage, It's Been Proven. I Charged My Battery To Full Power Just To Put What I Found Out To Test. My Battery Was At 90%. My Wifi Went In An Out Constantly, Never Staying On More Than 10sec. The Second It Hit 50% Wifi Came Back Instantly, Never Disappearing Again.

So What's Been Happening Is When You Restore It, It Resets Your iPhone Momentarily. But As Soon As That Extra Boost Of Battery Life Goes Away....Back To The Same Ole Wifiless iPhone.

Basicly, Time To Get A New Battery Guys. They Run About $89.00 Either Shipping It To Apple Or Going To The Genius Bar. No Need To Buy A New iPhone. This Is The Real Problem.

Hope I Help Eveyone Out There Looking For An Answer.

Quote Originally Posted by ron4543 View Post
    Everything works, just no wi-fi.
    you can do a network settings reset, just go to Setting, General, Reset. Hope it helps...