Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrading 1st gen iphone from 1.14 to 3.0 using RedSn0w

Default Upgrading 1st gen iphone from 1.14 to 3.0 using RedSn0w
    Hello!

Just curious but it is absolutely ok to upgrade my firmware from 1.1.4 to 3.0? Also, I already jailbroken my iphone once (I didn't do it myself) and it is absolutely ok to do it again using red snow since you have to restore your phone back to the official firmware 3.0 before you jailbreak it?, right?

Ugh, as I browse around the forums I keep getting more nervous because of the instability
    of the 3.0 firmware, should I just keep it at 1.1.4 or should I upgrade to 3.0 and what
    are the more known issues that tend to pop up in the 3.0 firmware....

): Kinda nervous, and afraid of ruining my phone ):

Thanks!
    Last edited by Liquid_015; 2009-07-22 at 05:46 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

You won't screw your phone up, it can always be restored in iTunes.
    Most problems with the process is people syncing to an old back up of their phone.
    The 2g phone is the easiest of all the J/B. Go for it. You'll love all the new features of 3.0 especially since your still on 1.1.4

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    You won't screw your phone up, it can always be restored in iTunes.
    Most problems with the process is people syncing to an old back up of their phone.
    The 2g phone is the easiest of all the J/B. Go for it. You'll love all the new features of 3.0 especially since your still on 1.1.4
    Yeah, then I'm definitely doing it today. Oh right, I read a guide that you linked to another person on another thread... I followed that guide and I am wondering if I could do the same to my iphone (1st Gen)? http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...n-phone-2.html

About the unlocking, I already have a sim card in there and I believe it is a ChinaMobile Prepaid sim card because I need to recharge my card every time it runs out of money. So, I know RedSn0w unlocks it for you but I would be able to use it immediately, without additional work ?

Thanks

Yes you'll be able to use it right away.
    To avoid problems don't restore from backup! Set up as a new phone and it should be problem free.