Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: redsn0w+3gs = springboard crash = must restore x 2

Default redsn0w+3gs = springboard crash = must restore x 2
    ---------------------------
    Last edited by sethm522; 2017-02-28 at 03:51 PM.

I have this issue, except not installing themes, but just regular Cydia apps (BiteSMS, OpenSSH, etc.)...reloading springboard/restarting leads to a crash and a permanent Apple logo

---
    Last edited by sethm522; 2017-02-28 at 03:52 PM.

I have this same issue. Purpler41n doesn't work for me.

Try restarting your device immediately after JB and updating cydia. Then go into cydia and search for "mobile substrate" and install it. This next part seems to be the key for a stable 3gs JB for me: reboot device again after installing mobile substrate don't install winterboard or anything else from cydia until the restart.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to metalmaster420 For This Useful Post:

Glass_Act (2009-08-01)

Quote Originally Posted by metalmaster420 View Post
    Try restarting your device immediately after JB and updating cydia. Then go into cydia and search for "mobile substrate" and install it. This next part seems to be the key for a stable 3gs JB for me: reboot device again after installing mobile substrate don't install winterboard or anything else from cydia until the restart.
    Trying this now. Will get back to you when done.

Is mobile substrate supposed to take long to restart?

Didn't work but thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Glass_Act; 2009-08-01 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Any updates so far?
    Hey guys,
    I am running into the same issue. This happened to me "many" times. When I install a random application from cydia, my springboard would reset itself and either the apple logo or the screen goes blue. Just wondering if there are any updates to this problem. So annoying!
    mac