Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone OS 3.0(7A341)Kills Any “Non-iPhone Data Plan”(Yeah right. I’ve got you covered

Default iPhone OS 3.0(7A341)Kills Any “Non-iPhone Data Plan”(Yeah right. I’ve got you covered
    My method does not require a jailbreak. I made a mobile configuration file for my iPhone 3G in order to change my APN. It is much safer than a custom .ipcc or a manual change. (due to human error of course, and its easier to apply, no iTunes needed to apply it.)

So what you need to do is download a program called “iPhone Configuration Utility”. Its a free download from Apple.com.

There is a very serious issue though. It seems that Apple has not updated their utility so that you can connect an iPhone 3.0 device to it and apply a configuration file directly via USB. You can however email it to yourself and then tap on it on your iPhone to activate and install the new configuration file.

Set the APN to:

APN: wap.cingular
    Username: [email protected]
    Password: CINGULAR1

Now export the .mobileconfig file via an e-mail and email it to yourself. Now go to your Mail application on your iPhone and open the message you mailed yourself, now, tap on the attachment and install the file!

Or, I guess, if you want… you can go to a website and bypass the long installation/creation process explained by my previous method. Just go to

Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone

on your iPhone, now just enter the apn data that I provided above where the website indicates. Just copy and paste it in. (or you can tap on the selector, the thing that says “blank”, the thing that is under the APN inputs, and select your carrier.) Now just tap on “create custom profile” and then it will exit Safari, and take you to the settings application. Now just tap on “install” and you are done. (Installing a profile may take up to 30 seconds, do not exit the menu until it is done installing or you will have a very corrupted carrier file.

There you go! Now you have full 3G and EDGE capabilities. This took me about a minute to figure out that it was an issue with the APN information Apple provided in the AT&T 4.0 bundle. So I used a method that I used to use to prevent data usage and just did the opposite and re-enabled data usage.

This is 100% safe! Just make sure you type the APN correctly and you should be fine. Just reboot after you have done this if you still don’t have a connection. I didn’t need to reboot, but you know, just in case. Don’t forget to spread te word and tell everybody you know that has a GoPhone Prepaid iPhone so that they can have uninterrupted service.

All credit goes to Alan Vazquez of limitededitioniphone.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to yungsavage157 For This Useful Post:

justin520 (2009-09-21)

AWESOME!! Thanks a lot for this post this fix is great cant believe I didn't find it sooner. they cut off my edge data plan on my 1st gen iphone. this fixed me right back up again...got my data access back!