Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia crashing/Icy no workie

Angry Cydia crashing/Icy no workie
    Ok heres the deal. Wife's iphone 3G 3.0 JB installed Cydia no problems works great. Next did my 3G 3.0 installed Cydia and it crashes at launch seems like its starting then back to SB. Restored several hundred times and rinse and repeat no work. Tried Icy it opens but gives error message. Rinse and repeat only installing Cydia no workie. Clean sweep restore in DFU. JB again only installed Cydia no workie. Rinse Repeat. Im pulling my F"N hair out here. Someone please. I'vw been thru threads and google four 12 hours now still no help.

Install a legal copy of the 3.0 ipsw file (from itunes) than run redsn0w 0.72 and make sure Icy is not check marked. When both are installed, it seems to make both crash. Install only Cydia. Then open it up and run the essential upgrades and you should be good to go. My cydia was constantly crashing when I had both on. If you decide to install both, do install only Cydia and add the repo in cydia and install Icy from there and not from redsn0w.

Make sure you download redsn0w from Dev-Team Blog and not from other sites.
    Last edited by satch2501; 2009-07-05 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default lost still
    downloaded file from devs and used itunes for restore. the thing thats twisting my wig back is that my wifes phone works fine. I finally got icy working last night sorta but still can't install cydia from JB or thru icy. i ssh into phone and tried to apt-get delete cydia but its locks up when i type "yes, do as i say!" any way to remove cydia without restore again? or any clues?

To ensure that there are no broken links and missing codes, I would do a clean restore. I would even delete the ipsw file from itunes and redownload it. Or you can visit the following Downloads | BenM.at and download a new 3.0 firmware and restore. Once done download a new copy of redsn0w and restart it. Make sure that the ituneshelper process is killed or you may have some problems.

OK. deleted all programs from computer. Started with all new including ITunes. Restore in DFU. Redsn0w JB w/ only Cydia checked. Same problem Cydia installs but when I push the icon it seems like its going to open then crashes.

OK. Switched to a new computer. Loaded all new programs. Restored in Itunes. JB using redsn0w only install ICY this time. Icy works. Used ICY to install Cydia. Cydia still won't open.
    Any thoughts?
    Last edited by aztintpimp; 2009-07-06 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Banned
    Thanks

Maybe just use ICY, does almost everything Cydia does . Or if you wanted to go through the hassle, you could sell your iPhone on CraigsList/eBay and then buy another. Just a thought.

Default cydia works sorta
    Alright I've restored phone with new firmware as a new phone and bingo cydia will open. Problem is now that I set it up as a new phone I've lost all contact info and when I restore and get contacts back...BAM cydia stops working. Is it possible that some old file from previous JB or Cydia is hanging up the problem?

Banned
    Thanks

When you say contact info, do you mean your contacts on your sim or email and other info?

yes contacts all gone and if i restore backup to get contacts back cydia stops working again