Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroke, now can't delete email?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Jailbroke, now can't delete email?
    I just ran redsn0w on my iPhone 3G, played around with it for a few hours and now I can't seem to delete emails. I don't know if I installed or uninstalled a bad package, but when I try to delete an email, it moves to the trash, but then magically reappears in a few minutes.

My mail account is a POP3 and it is set to not delete email from the server. Before the jailbreak (and after the 3.0 upgrade) I was able to delete email with no issues.

I don't know if this is related to the jailbreak (almost seems like it has to be) or if anyone else has heard of something like this, but I'm just looking for a fix.

Thanks

Have you tried restoring yet?
    That usually helps with most problems.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Should I restore and re-break? I didn't want to restore because I LOOOOOVE cyrecorder (more than my email even)

Damn, I had the issue before....found the solution...it was REALLY simple. All I had to do was flip a setting off then back on and it fixes that for good.

Problem is....I cant remember what setting it was (was inside the settings app).

I'll try to remember.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Damn, I had the issue before....found the solution...it was REALLY simple. All I had to do was flip a setting off then back on and it fixes that for good.

Problem is....I cant remember what setting it was (was inside the settings app).

I'll try to remember.
    Please do! lol I tried deleting and re-adding my mail account and that didn't work

Try going into the "advanced" tab under the mail account in settings then goto "Deleted mailbox" and flip it off the "deleted msgs on server" and then back onto that option.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tried toggling that setting a few times and it didn't fix the problem. I can, however, occasionally delete email. Somehow I'm down from 50 to 14 emails... I guess I just have to try repeatedly and it goes away?

Well I only had to toggle it once

But thats not to say we had/have the same issue.

Default Deleting of emials on 3.0
    Has anyone found a resolution to the issue where when you delete an email it returns from the trash back to your inbox and is marked as unread. I tried changing the advanced settings but it does not work. Any advice??

Ed

Try doing to advanced in nail settings and set it to delete from phone not from server.