Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: POSIX operation timed out - clean install

Default POSIX operation timed out - clean install
    Hi there,

I'm pretty new to Jailbreaking (I had my first iTouch (1G) jailbroken for a while, but that was way back in system 1.1) and I've now jailbroken my new 2G touch, which is running the new 3.0 software, using redsn0w 0.7. It is a fresh 'vanilla' jailbreak (ie, I haven't added any extra sources to Cydia, or even installed anything yet) but I get this error "POSIX Operation Timed Out" when I try to install anything (even the updates that I'm told are required by Cydia.

If anyone can help me, I'll be most grateful , also, YouTube doesn't work.

I restored and re-Jailbroke the device today using redsn0w 0.72, and it is still exactly the same, also Icy doesn't let me install anything (it stops at the 'downloading' screen).
    Last edited by jgbsmith; 2009-06-26 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by jgbsmith View Post
    Hi there,

I'm pretty new to Jailbreaking (I had my first iTouch (1G) jailbroken for a while, but that was way back in system 1.1) and I've now jailbroken my new 2G touch, which is running the new 3.0 software, using redsn0w 0.7. It is a fresh 'vanilla' jailbreak (ie, I haven't added any extra sources to Cydia, or even installed anything yet) but I get this error "POSIX Operation Timed Out" when I try to install anything (even the updates that I'm told are required by Cydia.

If anyone can help me, I'll be most grateful , also, YouTube doesn't work.

I restored and re-Jailbroke the device today using redsn0w 0.72, and it is still exactly the same, also Icy doesn't let me install anything (it stops at the 'downloading' screen).
    did you ever find the solution for that?Im in the exact same situation as you

I re-jailbroke it a few times and eventually it worked, but it was a bit too buggy for my liking (I don't think Jailbreaking 3.0 is such a good idea right now) so I restored to standard.

o yah for anyone whos interested i dfu'd,restored to 2.2.1 in itunes and jailbroke it with 2.2.1.Its working grand now