Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Had to use a redsn0w/Pwnage 3.0 Combo to jailbreak!!!!!!

Default Had to use a redsn0w/Pwnage 3.0 Combo to jailbreak!!!!!!
    The craziest thing happened to me today. I took my new MBP to work to jailbreak a co-workers 3G on ATT. Before hand, I downloaded the Pwnage 3.0 tool, 3G 3.0 FW, and redsn0w (all three from MMI and yes, I downloaded 3.0FW from Firefox not Safari so I know it was good). So I go to use the Pwnage tool, created the custom FW, then go to iTunes to Opt-restore the newly created FW and my job's internet connection would not let me connect to iTunes. So, we took a lunch break at ATT/Starbucks (they are beside each other where I work) to use the WiFi.

Then my co-worker tells me that the phone was giving them problems before and the only way they got the phone to work was to uninstall iTunes, re-install iTunes and it worked. Well, iTunes gave me an error message (9807, never saw that one before). We went back to work and I used redsn0w to 'jailbreak' the phone. It got stuck on the boot screen so i re-did the entire process using redsn0w. Now the craziness begins. The phone was jailbroken but the only thing that was on the phone was cydia!!! No phone, mail, calander, etc.....none of the default apps were on the phone. So instead of doing the process for a third time with redsn0w, I decided to just do a Opt-Restore using the custom FW created by Pwnage 3.0...........and it worked!!! The phone was fully jailbroken, all apps/functions working. Has this happened to anyone else?? After thinking about it, it should have worked (which it did) since Pwnage created the FW and redsn0w officially 'jailbroke' the phone. I just dont understand why Pwnage did not jailbreak the phone for one and for two, all the apps were missing except for cydia. That was the longest 2-3 hours, especially since I did not want to be the person who messed their phone up.

Just wanted to share my story.
    Last edited by ninthchamber99; 2009-06-25 at 12:01 AM.