Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Redsn0w 0.7.1 and 0.7.2 stuck on "waiting to reboot" screen

Default Redsn0w 0.7.1 and 0.7.2 stuck on "waiting to reboot" screen
    I am trying to upgrade to 3.0 from 2.2 on my 3g using Redsn0w windows and I am running Vista. I have restored and backed up using Itunes and using firmware download provided by MMI. I have tried with both versions of Redsn0w trying to only install cydia and/or Icy/Unlock. Everytime it gets stuck on "waiting to reboot" and it will sit forever. I have seen many others with this issue but no solutions. Can anyone help?

Oh thats right. Now I remember, you have to use the ipsw that itunes created during the restore located in the "software updates" folder.
    Last edited by Product Z; 2009-06-24 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Product Z For This Useful Post:

sean.dauria (2009-06-26)

My friend somehow restored or updated without new itunes 8.2 and it was the reason redsn0w didn't work, make sure you are on the newest itunes, i think 8.2 beta itunes doesn't work.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tombombman For This Useful Post:

sean.dauria (2009-06-26)

Same thing was happening to me.

- Restart you computer, and press F8, go into safe mode and run redsn0w, cydia, no icy. I can confirm this works with redsno0w 7.2

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

sean.dauria you confirmation didn't work. however, i did try running in compatibility mode and then running as administrator and it worked for me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to leijae For This Useful Post:

sean.dauria (2009-06-26)

same problem for me also
    how to fix this problem

hi leijae
    how u fix this
    i am using vista home premium
    its stuck at the stage that u face
    Last edited by rishis108; 2009-06-26 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rishis108 For This Useful Post:

sean.dauria (2009-06-26)

run in safe mode f8 when windows starts, or try tunning in compatability mode and run redsn0w as administrator

thnks sean.dauria its works now

now how ssh this version

u use diskaid for my 2.2 firmware

is there any program to ssh this 3.0
    Last edited by rishis108; 2009-06-26 at 07:48 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rishis108 For This Useful Post:

sean.dauria (2009-06-26)

I have an issue running redsn0w with my mac. I also get the "waiting for reboot" message.
    I have read all of the instructions and Q/A involved with having everything ready before redsn0w is started:
    -Iphone is backed up and restored to factory settings
    -Itunes is updated to 8.2
    -redsn0w is version 0.7.2
    -the iphone's os is 3.0
    -I have the provided ipsw file from this website, and also the one itunes created
    Now, here's exactly what I am experiencing after I enter into DFU mode:
    It goes to "jailbreaking....." then immediatly to "waiting for DFU device" and then "waiting for reboot"
    Meanwhile this is happening, the progress bar on the bottom of the window is empty as if no loading/installation has been done. That's the scoop...

are you in safe mode, and or compatibility mode and running redsn0w as admin?
    If I've Helped, Don't forget to "Thank Me"

Quote Originally Posted by rupemp View Post
    I have an issue running redsn0w with my mac.
    10.5.6? If so upgrade to 10.5.7
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

humlan (2009-06-27)

Default help same problems here
    have 2g iphone. itunes 8.2. redsnow 0.7.1 and 2.. have all firmware and bootloaders... windows xp 3 pack
    now i start redsnow everything is good but it gets stuck on waiting for reboot....
    also there is no place to check for unlock like i have seen pictures on web..
    the phone and program just stop at waiting for reboot.. i have waited hours and no change.
    i have removed itunes firmware redsnow and reinstalled and same thing...
    also when i turn phone on connected to itunes why is itunes asking me to activated 2g phone with my at&t 3g sim card in the 2g. is that something 3.0 firmware and itunes do now....
    my sim card is good because i been using it in my 3g for over 7 months no problem. im just try to jailbreak this 2g phone... itunes as not let me doing anything but activated phone. to me it should matter because by sims good....
    help please

i just tried on in to safe mode and the unlock box came up now in redsnow and bootloader but still stuck on waiting 4 reboot.
    [email protected]
    allen
    Last edited by auctioneeral; 2009-06-27 at 03:35 AM.

If you use the wrong ipsw this will happen. Make sure you use the same one you used to restore your phone to 3.0 with. RedSn0w will activate your phone.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    10.5.6? If so upgrade to 10.5.7
    Thanks a lot! I had the same problem, worked fine with 10.5.7!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Attention Vista Users: There is no reason to start in Safe Mode.

Download redsn0w 0.7.1
    Run in Compatibility Mode
    Run as Administrator

If you want Icy, install it through Cydia. Now, theres no B.S. to deal with.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to leijae For This Useful Post:

DaMan05 (2009-06-29)