Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Crash stuck with black screen

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Crash stuck with black screen
    So I am sitting at work and grab my phone to send a text and after i hit the sleep button the screen goes black. Its been stuck like this for a good 20 mins. Im runnin 3.0 and j/b with redsnow. Anyone have this problem? If so anything that I can do(besides trying a restore)

Thanks
    I have the same problem, just after I try to use a theme on SBSettings, I already tried restore to fabric and jailbreak again and I keep getting the black screen, even on unjailbreaked device, just fresh restored from iTunes, if anyone have any possible solution for this would be great, I really donĄt know what's happening.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by d4sqd View Post
    So I am sitting at work and grab my phone to send a text and after i hit the sleep button the screen goes black. Its been stuck like this for a good 20 mins. Im runnin 3.0 and j/b with redsnow. Anyone have this problem? If so anything that I can do(besides trying a restore)
    Maybe try resetting the phont hold down the power and home buttong until the apple logo comes up see if that helps

Thanks
    Well I have my iPhone back and running, pretty not sure what I did, I let the iphone rest for a day (I was getting black screen just after the boot screen, no icons and nothing, tried restore to custom firmware, itunes restore, and nothing, the same black screen always just after the boot screen), then I just plugged into my computer, and wait for normal boot and done, can't really tell what was my problem, but it this helps, just before I put to rest the iphone I make an itunes restore (no jailbreak firmware), then I used redsn0w to unlock my device and keep getting the black screen, here's when you have to give it a rest, the the next day just plug it to your computer and hopefully you can beat the black screen, this was done on a 2G iPhone running 3.0 firmware (no beta).

3.0 Firmware I used: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-...-come-get.html

^^^^^I used that (firmware file) to restore (on iTunes holding alt key, without modding it on pwnage tool) and later to redsn0w unlocking/jailbreaking.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was able to do a reset on the phone. Took it awhile to boot back up, but everything is running smooth now. Hopefully it doesnt happen or get worse next time. I really don't want to re download all my apps again haha