Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: tmobile usa after ultrasn0w service rise and drop off/no sim installed pop up

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default tmobile usa after ultrasn0w service rise and drop off/no sim installed pop up
    I just jailbroke to 3.0 and unlocked with ultrasn0w and everything works fine the way it should, except, every few minutes my service goes from full to No Service and my Edge icon goes away, then "No SIM card installed" pops up. after i hit okay, the service comes back and so does edge... i dont like this. help me. someone. this happened with the first ys release except with that, i just flat had no service an when service did kick in i only had a bar. so help me if you can.

Same thing happened to me. It had something to do with the phone number not being saved. try going to settings>phone>my number and enter your number then reboot. This worked for me.

Default ultrasn0w w/ tmobile
    you may want to try installing the Carrier package in cydia, as well as saving your number as indicated in the post above mine
    Last edited by Briandz; 2009-06-24 at 02:07 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks guys I tried both but I'm still having the problem. I'm just going to try a clean restore and rejailbreak/unlock

im having the EXACT same issue. did u find a solution fr this? please let me know if/when you do. very frustrating...

I havent had this problem at all and I have ultrasn0wed 5 phones on tmobile. Make sure you are following the correct steps for the 3.0 installation and the unlock process.

You can try to reset the network settings before doing the following steps by going to Settings->General->Reset->Reset Network Settings.

Here is what I do:
    **Make sure iTunes is up to date at 8.2, and make sure if you are on a Mac you are running the current software at 10.5.7
    *Make sure you back-up your phone first*
    1. Do a complete restore with the original 3.0 ipsw from Apple
    2. Create a custom ipsw using PWNage tool. I use the expert settings and remove the boot logo, restore logo, and remove ICY.
    3. Put your phone into DFU mode
    4. Apple will find a phone in recovery mode. Do a Option+Click on Restore (Shift+Click on windows) and browse to the custom firmware you created.
    5. Let the iPhone restore
    When the restore with the custom firmware is finished do the following to unlock, remove all sim cards!
    1. Make sure 3G is turned off in Settings->General->Network
    2. Open cydia and add the repo: repo666.ultrasn0w.com This is done by hitting manage, then edit, and add. {YOU WILL NEED TO ENABLE WIFI TO CONNECT TO CYDIA}
    3. Once the repo is added, Search for ultrasn0w
    4. Download Ultrasn0w
    5. Go to Settings->General->Reset->Reset Network Settings
    6. Put your tmobile Sim in the phone while it is starting back up on the apple screen.

Thats it! you should have service within seconds after the phone reboots.
    Last edited by Melech518; 2009-06-26 at 04:32 PM.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

frankielcs (2009-07-07), TatesMan (2009-06-30)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default in addition...
    I still havent fixed my problem but everytime i power the phone on and off three times it starts to work fine... i'm going to rejailbreak an everything tomorow and see what happens... i should add, ive been doing this on a pc running vista 64. if i figure this out i'll be sure to tell you how i did it.

Let us know wat happens with that. I've followed the directions to the T from iPhone News, Help and Guides as far as using a AT&T sim to activate. This method brought me from having "no signal" to consustantly having 1/4 of a bar. Lol

Soo frustrating....

I'm having a similar problem in that ultrasn0w seems to be working fine (I can send/receive calls) but I noticed that if I try to re-enable 3G it drops to No Signal and requires a full reboot to sort itself out again (3G needs to be disabled before rebooting).

Does this mean I cannot have 3G enabled anymore? I am in the UK, using an O2 sim card but on a US iPhone, so there is 3G coverage available...

Quote Originally Posted by Hazed View Post
    I'm having a similar problem in that ultrasn0w seems to be working fine (I can send/receive calls) but I noticed that if I try to re-enable 3G it drops to No Signal and requires a full reboot to sort itself out again (3G needs to be disabled before rebooting).

Does this mean I cannot have 3G enabled anymore? I am in the UK, using an O2 sim card but on a US iPhone, so there is 3G coverage available...
    That is correct. Do not enable 3G on the phone.

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

Hazed (2009-06-25)

Thanks, I have tried your method 3 times now though with the same results every time.

I have signal now, but sometimes it cuts out to No Service (And sometimes No Sim). It usually comes back within 10 minutes though. But as you can imagine this is frustrating.

I hope i can get this resolved soon.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post

When the restore with the custom firmware is finished do the following to unlock, remove all sim cards!
    1. Make sure 3G is turned off in Settings->General->Network
    2. Open cydia and add the repo: repo666.ultrasn0w.com This is done by hitting manage, then edit, and add.
    3. Once the repo is added, Search for ultrasn0w
    4. Download Ultrasn0w
    5. Go to Settings->General->Reset->Reset Network Settings
    6. Put your tmobile Sim in the phone while it is starting back up on the apple screen.
    This has me confused, how can you access Cydia with the sim card removed, how would the data transfer? wifi?

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    This has me confused, how can you access Cydia with the sim card removed, how would the data transfer? wifi?
    You answered your own question

Yup, wifi.

Thanks

You answered your own question

Yup, wifi.
    Should be clarified for others, as I am a experienced user/modder (questionably perhaps, LOL) and I had to shake my head and re-read it.

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian01 View Post
    I just jailbroke to 3.0 and unlocked with ultrasn0w and everything works fine the way it should, except, every few minutes my service goes from full to No Service and my Edge icon goes away, then "No SIM card installed" pops up. after i hit okay, the service comes back and so does edge... i dont like this. help me. someone. this happened with the first ys release except with that, i just flat had no service an when service did kick in i only had a bar. so help me if you can.
    Hi guys, I'm having EXACT the same problem as kryptonian01, I have restored my iPhone 3G 8GB to Apple 3.0, jailbroken with redsn0w, applyed ultrasn0w, always as devteam has said so,... everything would be great if my signal would not drop once in a while. I've tested this iPhone for more than two days and sometimes it just goes from full bar (VIVO 3G, brazilian carrier) to "No Signal" or "No SIM". It comes back in a minute, or in 10 minutes, 5 hours...

I also managed to observe, that sometimes (not everytime)when I have normal signal, if I click "sleep button" like ~3 times (can be more or less), I may lose signal too... also like kryptonian01 said.

I first thought it could be a hardware problem of my iPhone, but now I don't think so anymore, because I have seen people having the same problem... Would be great if devteam start to look on this kinds of ultrasn0w's behavior.

I appreciate anyone's solutions, thanks.
    Last edited by smartsale; 2009-06-26 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Should be clarified for others, as I am a experienced user/modder (questionably perhaps, LOL) and I had to shake my head and re-read it.
    Lol, I think it is pretty self explanatory to enable wifi to connect to cydia. But then again this could be because I know that wifi needs to be enabled. I will edit the post. Thanks.

Thanks, I have tried your method 3 times now though with the same results every time.

I have signal now, but sometimes it cuts out to No Service (And sometimes No Sim). It usually comes back within 10 minutes though. But as you can imagine this is frustrating.

I hope i can get this resolved soon.
    I had a similar problem on one of the phones I unlocked. The trick was to restore to original firmware again, then restore to custom .ipsw, and to set the phone up as new rather than use a backup file. Possibly the backup you are using is corrupt...
    Last edited by Melech518; 2009-06-26 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i try it after jailbreak the normal process and it worked fine with me even with 3G

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok i've fixed the problem... this is what you need to do:

first, BACK UP YOUR PHONE!!!
    second, shift click restore and navigate to your ispw file you can find it here on modmyi if you dont have it..
    next put your phone in dfu mode incase you dont know how:
    power off your phone, then hold the power button for three seconds then while still holding the power button hold the home button for ten seconds then release the power button and keep holding the home button for about 15 seconds. your phone will be in dfu mode now.

now restore again with the same ispw file. your phone will now be completley clean. now you can run redsn0w. but make sure your phone is off like redsn0w prompts you to. after jail break open cydia and add the source repo.666.ultrasn0w.com from there you can apply ultrasn0w and you are finished. this completly resolved the problem for me. i'm in a rush typing this so if anything is not clear just ask me and i'll explain further. good luck, and good night.

well, but that's the normal procedure... how is can be the way you "fixed"??!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smartsale View Post
    well, but that's the normal procedure... how is can be the way you "fixed"??!
    follow the instructions, should fix your problems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast