Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: tmobile usa after ultrasn0w service rise and drop off/no sim installed pop up

Nah... "the instructions" is the way devteam said so, and the way everybody had should followed. I did several times and even after a "full reset; data and settings",... it got signal for couple minutes, dropped, and probablly will be like this, being unstable like last time I tried. Some people are having this kind of issues, also in others forums and people from different countries.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smartsale View Post
    Nah... "the instructions" is the way devteam said so, and the way everybody had should followed. I did several times and even after a "full reset; data and settings",... it got signal for couple minutes, dropped, and probablly will be like this, being unstable like last time I tried. Some people are having this kind of issues, also in others forums and people from different countries.
    Here, follow this guide and it will be fine. I had a ton of problems too. But now success.

You don't understand.... ok, thank for your help, but you guys are saying always the same. I know the steps for jailbreaking and using redsn0w, this is not what I'm looking for. I'm saying that it's not 100% of cases it will work 100%. Probably only devteam could come up with their own solution (fixes) for these cases...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smartsale View Post
    You don't understand.... ok, thank for your help, but you guys are saying always the same. I know the steps for jailbreaking and using redsn0w, this is not what I'm looking for. I'm saying that it's not 100% of cases it will work 100%. Probably only devteam could come up with their own solution (fixes) for these cases...
    I'm with you on this one. Nobody seems to understand that not all the phones are working. I have followed every step using both redsn0w and Pwnage Tool over 15 different times, using the ATT activation and a clean restore. I have successfully got 3 3g's working fine, but for some reason this certain phone I cant get working and cant keep service longer than 5 minutes. It will have service for a couple minutes, then you try and make a call and it drops down to searching then no service. Reboot and same thing happens. Hopefully an Ultrasn0w update soon or some sort of fix.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iphonenc For This Useful Post:

smartsale (2009-06-30)

That's what I'm talking about =/

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you ever figure things out let me know. But I think it is going to take some kind of Ultrasn0w update

Banned
    Thanks

I had this problem too. I just did a restored, re-jailbroke and re-unlocked. Seemed to work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by iphonenc View Post
    If you ever figure things out let me know. But I think it is going to take some kind of Ultrasn0w update
    AGREED! I think alot of stuff needs to be updated to work with the OS3.0. A lot of things people are trying to do/use have not been configured to work with 3.0 yet. Sucks but..patiently waiting until all the bugs are worked out of ICY, Cydia & Ultrasn0w.
    Last edited by Nikez87; 2009-07-06 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

For T-Mobile users with "No Sim" and/or "No Service" issues after Ultrasn0w:

Solution: get a new SIM from T-Mobile. The SIM I was using came with a phone I purchased in 2002 which apparently old enough to cause issues with newer phones. The swap was free as the card was undamaged and my 16gb 3G recognized it immediately.

I spent the better part of two days trying to figure out what the hell was causing the issue and tried everything people in this thread suggested when a friend who had seen my SIM a while back suggested that it might be too old.

I haven't seen this fix posted anywhere yet so hopefully this helps some equally-frustrated people out and if so, feel free to hit the Thanks! button

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wraith1138 For This Useful Post:

iphonenc (2009-07-08)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I wish it were as simple as all those. I have rejailbroken and unlocked with ATT sim. I did already go get a new sim card. still no luck. And look ultrasn0w update yesterday but still no luck, it did fix my 3gs though that i have been working on. Thanks for your guys input and help, but I ended up just selling the phone as a locked AT&T phone and buying me a new one.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphonenc View Post
    ....I ended up just selling the phone as a locked AT&T phone and buying me a new one.
    Agreed. When in doubt, just sell it for another one. Someone will find a way to make use of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12