Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Camera bug since 3.0

Question Camera bug since 3.0
    Hi there!

Since i upgraded my firmware to 3.0, my camera and photos apps have a bug. In the Photo Roll, instead of thumbnails, theres only a black space. However, I can still touch somewhere in the black space and it will show the picture in full screen. I can also scroll through the whole album like this. But the thumbnail-window won't work. But this is only the case in the Photo Roll, the other albums which i synched from my pc are working fine.

Also, I can't take resp. save new photos. I can take them, they appear in the little thumbnail on the bottom left in the camera app, but they don't get saved in the photo roll.

Probably, this is because before the upgrade, I had the camera app in the Dock of SBSettings and therefore hidden from springboard by spoof, and I didn't change that before I made the restore and afterwards the firmware upgrade.

Does someone have a clue on how to fix this? Of course I have a backup from all the photos, and now that I'm jailbroaken again I can do some sshing, but I don't want to mess this up even more..

Any help is much appreciated, thnaks!

Connect your phone to your PC and copy all of your camera photos off (it should show up as a camera with iTunes closed). Your best bet would be to restore and rejailbreak.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    @bubble-not really a fix, but a work around. install a app called "camera roll" from the app store. it allows you to have more than one camera roll. i just created a new roll and my camera and photos app are working normally.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to victore For This Useful Post:

Bubble21 (2009-06-25), Drumlin Thole (2009-06-24)

Thanks! Was experiencing the same Photos bug after upgrading to 3.0. The name of the app is "SwapCameraRoll".

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Drumlin Thole For This Useful Post:

Bubble21 (2009-06-25)

Thanks, that one really helped me out! I now have a new, working camera roll, and my old photos just synched over itunes... not perfect, but close

can't find it in the app store...

Edit: it's call roll swap. Got it thanks!
    Last edited by phreakwenci; 2009-06-25 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost