Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: redsnOw version 7.1 or 7.2?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default redsnOw version 7.1 or 7.2?
    I jailbroke my iphone 3g for the first time on 06/20......when the dev team released redsnOw 7.1, everything worked fine. I then saw this morning that they had version 7.2 on the torrent list, which now included icy. I downloaded and ran the file without a restore,and everything seemed to install just fine. When i tried to open up cydia, it said there were two essential upgrades. Every time I tried to install, they failed. I have now downgraded back down to 7.1, and runs just fine. Should i do a restore and then install 7.2? , or is it just buggy...

Just sounds like Cydia is acting up. Nothing to do with the jailbreak.

Usually rebooting or waiting a day will fix that.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

ssmith (2009-06-22)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so would upgrading back to 7.2 be a good idea?

If everything is working.....

Dont fix something that aint broke

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

ssmith (2009-06-22)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I appreciate it, definately new to this stuff, didn't know if i was missing anything major with not having icy...

Quote Originally Posted by ssmith View Post
    I appreciate it, definately new to this stuff, didn't know if i was missing anything major with not having icy...
    No, there's no need for icy

u can always add icy if you want

I keep crashing (multiple times per day) using different apps (Twitterfon and Mail most frequently) since my jailbreak with 7.1. Any ideas on how to fix that? Restore and then use 7.2 again? Or 7.1? Or...?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by abelgoddard View Post
    I keep crashing (multiple times per day) using different apps (Twitterfon and Mail most frequently) since my jailbreak with 7.1. Any ideas on how to fix that? Restore and then use 7.2 again? Or 7.1? Or...?
    I think you would have to restore and start fresh. I would suggest using 7.2.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

abelgoddard (2009-06-28)

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    I think you would have to restore and start fresh. I would suggest using 7.2.
    i have a huge problem!!
    --> iphone 3G <---
    I Shift + restore to firmware 3.0 then jailbreak with redsn0w 7.2 and install cydia and icy and when i try to install anything from cydia it it gives me an error!!! (except ultrasn0w)

then i did restore from itunes and again jailbreak from cydia and still i can't download anything

please help!!!
    Last edited by xrisis; 2009-06-27 at 02:10 PM.
    Iphone?? Hmmm..more like MyPhone

ive been using 7.1 and never tried 7.2 its has always worked for me. +1 on cpjr

Do not install icy, only install cydia, both icy and cydia together are creating problems, so stick with cydia. If you have cydia i dont think there is any meaning of having icy
    iPhone 4
    Firmware : iOS4
    Carrier : Softbank (Japan)
    Jailbroken using Jailbreakme

Install Boss Prefs and in the app, then go into, "extras" and pick "fix user dir permissions. This might help the apps that are crashing. For Icy and Cydia, just run redsn0w 0.72 and make sure only Cydia is checkmarked. Once the process is done, you will still have Icy and Cydia on your screen but they will both work together.