Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 2g OS 3.0, Cydia redsn0w crash

Default Iphone 2g OS 3.0, Cydia redsn0w crash
    I have a Iphone 2g that was running 2.2.1 and I chose to upgrade to 3.0 using Itunes 8.2

It all went well and the phone was working fine.
    When redsn0w came out I used it to jailbreak and I was a happy camper.

I used Categories to put my hundreds of apps into folder and things were working reasonably well though I noticed the following problems.

0) Youtube app did not work

1) Installing apps via Cydia the apps were all being reported as console apps even though some of them were not console apps

2) After installing the app via cydia the app would not show up on the springboard at all even though it was installed ok.
    Using categories and choosing the Add option to put apps into folders would magically show up the app as an available app to be added into a folder. After putting the app into a folder the app could be used from the folder just fine.

3) SBSettings was installed and worked but the edge toggle did not seem to work. The data address for edge was always setup even if I had explicitly chosen to disable edge.

4) Categories app would crash nearly 100% of the time on the first launch but would work on the second launch.

After working with the phone for about 24 hours the springboard crashed while installing an app (CallClear) from cydia.

After the crash the phone would not boot. The apple logo would show up for awhile and then the screen would go blank

I tried rebooting a number of times but nothing helped.

I chose to go back into DFU mode and do a restore of the firmware this time.

The restore worked fine and I did the jailbreak again using redsn0w and restored my data and settings from the last backup I had.

The phone is working again and surprisingly YouTube is working now.

The problem with apps added via Cydia not showing up on the springboard is still there!

Anybody know how to resolve that issue?

/sanjay

I have a similar issue. I have 2g phone. Upgraded itunes 8.2 to 3.0 firm. then redsn0wed. Then tried to reinstall apps I had b4. I would get errors in cydia when installing the could not write to a file. after a few worked, I installed cycorder. When I went to run it, it would goto black screen then crash. I then tried to go back into ydia and it crashes now and wont open. I am goin to have to re-install it now. Trying to decide to DFUto raw 3.0 first, or just try to re-redsn0w it. I think that alot of the 2.X appz have new locations and coding issues on 3.0 that we dont know of.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

same here, sometimes when installing something from cydia, the load wont stop spinning and i just sat there for 10 mins. i also have 2g, 2.2.1 did the same to 3.0. i was fascinated however, before when i had 1.1.4 and 2.2.1 i had some issues with the slide. sometimes when ppl call and its locked, it wouldn't slide to answer. same with 2.2.1. i figured my fone has been really worn out since its a first day iphone, but when i installed 3.0 i didn't have that prob for a little bit. then until i installed callclear, notifier widget, quick unlock, and iblacklist. also when i was customizing my winterboard i was trying to put mario with the sounds and everything, but i realized when i lock and unlock it shows no battery even though i have it chosen. maybe its just too early for us to use, maybe some bugs that need to be fixed. only time will tell fellas, we rushed in way too early

i had the same problem :S

Cydia simply stopped working here... Can't open it.

You just have to a perform a clean install
    1. DFU and restore to the new OS 3.0-if successful, tests iPhone apps and functionalities like Mail, Safari, etc., if everything is good then go to next step otherwise repeat this step.
    2. Use your favorite jailbreaking application Pwnage or redsn0w. If successful, tests iPhone apps and functionalities, enable wi-fi in Settings and open Cydia to connect to their site. if you're not successful, then go to step 1.
    3. Everything is good at this stage but continue to tests your favorite application and their functionalities. If you do have a lot of crashes (unacceptable crashes, reboots, etc), then repeat step 1 until you are happy with it, if you're not then...restore to Apple firmware.

Notes:
    Installing third party applications is at-your-risk and the most likely source of crashes (statistically). We don't have a lot of data to give us some informed decision, so be careful,

i have the same problem too with my Iphone 2G with 3.0 FR redsnowed.. what happen to Cydia, i cannot install anything even winterboard...please help me...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default im having probs with my 2g on 3.0 also
    for some reason my screen seems to click on itself. When i try clicking an icon sometimes it just doesnt do anything, it like shakes. Lately i have to like spam the send button to send a msg while texting. Sometimes it just works fine. I have no idea whats going on since that update would love some advice on it.

i have a huyge problem!!
    --> iphone 3G <---
    I Shift + restore to firmware 3.0 then jailbreak with redsn0w 7.2 and install cydia and icy and when i try to install anything from cydia it it gives me an error!!! (except ultrasn0w)

then i did restore from itunes and again jailbreak from cydia and still i can't download anything

please help!!!
    Iphone?? Hmmm..more like MyPhone

Be patient and know where the step-in-the process is the culprit. My advice is to perform a clean install first.
    1. DFU to Apple firmware...tests iPhone application functionalities.
    2. Jailbreak, Open Cydia and just connect to Cydia repository. if successful.
    3. Turn on/off phone.
    4. Open Cydia and install your third party application. Do a diligent tests of the application. INSTALL THIRD PARTY APPLICATION AND VERIFY IF IT DOES REALLY WORK.

Be careful with third party application "SBSETTINGS".

I have a similar issue. I have 3g phone.Cydia simply stopped working . Can't open it.

HEY =]
    I JUST FOUND A SOLUTION!
    i did a restore to iphones firmware 3.0 and then jailbreak using redsn0w 7.2 and install cydia and icy => the result..it did not work

well then i decided like installer i will never use icy and did a restore then jailbreak and just install cydia and everything works fine xD

hope i help people with the same problem =]
    Iphone?? Hmmm..more like MyPhone

13. The Following User Says Thank You to xrisis For This Useful Post:

jahrastafarie (2009-07-19)

Normally, you would only use one, either Cydia or Icy but I find Cydia GUI's implementation intuitive and functionality.

i got different solution. ssh your iphone and delete sources from cydia. u can find them

At /private/etc/apt/sources.list.d/
    Delete everything, except saurik.list

then add new sources someone bug your cydia.
    works for me

16. The Following User Says Thank You to wujek21 For This Useful Post:

jahrastafarie (2009-07-19)

I FOUND IT!!!

I've tried 2 different solutions(I didn't try the one that requires restoring)

first I did @wujek21 one but it didn't work!

then I found a similar solution:

"Delete the contents of the /var/lib/apt/lists folder (except for the folder called “partial”)."

AND IT WORKED!!!!

I don't know if it's ok to post the link here, but just copy the above solution and search it in Google and you will find the site.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ka_ko For This Useful Post:

chox99 (2009-07-10)

All you have to do is run redsn0w again and make sure Cydia is checkmarked but not icy. This will fix the Cydia bug. Once the process is done, you will have cydia working and Icy will still be on your screen and working. Enjoy which ever you prefer. They both have their strenghts and weaknesses.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to satch2501 For This Useful Post:

fryfone (2009-07-18), SpectralVeil (2009-07-14)

Quote Originally Posted by ka_ko View Post
    I FOUND IT!!!

I've tried 2 different solutions(I didn't try the one that requires restoring)

first I did @wujek21 one but it didn't work!

then I found a similar solution:

"Delete the contents of the /var/lib/apt/lists folder (except for the folder called “partial”)."

AND IT WORKED!!!!

I don't know if it's ok to post the link here, but just copy the above solution and search it in Google and you will find the site.
    Thanks! it works without restoring it.

Reusing redsn0w with just cydia selected fixed my issues. Thanks.
    Lost in the sea of data...
    Titanium 1ghz 1 gig ram-still chugging along
    no usb 2

Exclamation redSn0w jailbreak 3.0 crash Springboard
    Hi, For all trying to jailbreak iPhone 3G with FW 3.0. with redsn0w
    Ensure to restore your iphone first with itunes to its original state. It will erase everthing, so be aware to make a backup first!
    Second, jailbreak using redsnow 0.72 but only install Cydia.
    If everything goes ok. Open Cydia and install the upgrades individually if possible.

Everything should work fine.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to tamarteleco For This Useful Post:

albrevng (2009-07-20)

Default thanks! :)
    Quote Originally Posted by wujek21 View Post
    i got different solution. ssh your iphone and delete sources from cydia. u can find them

At /private/etc/apt/sources.list.d/
    Delete everything, except saurik.list

then add new sources someone bug your cydia.
    works for me
    It works for me too!!
    Thanks so much!!!

iPhone 2g/3.0/win vista 64x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast