Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking your iPhone 2G/3G using redsn0w for Windows

ha ha! Fair enough, just thought I'd throw it out there and see if some whizz had worked out a way to do that. If I had a little more grey matter between the ears, I'd make an App that would compile a list for you... anyone know a handy developer???

thanks for the help angiepangie... didn't the Rolling Stones write a song about you?

In response to:
    ^^Make a list and check it twice
    Last edited by harpersneil; 2009-08-02 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Forgot to tick the "in response to" box

Thanks

Hahaha. You could try aptbackup
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

I got my Iphone 3G at the weekend and decided after thinking long and hard about it to Jailbreak my phone. Knowing i can simply go into recovery mode and then restore it via itunes if there is a problem made me quite happy to try it out.

Less problems doing this than reflashng a PSP for instance which had no fix if it went wrong lol

Thanks again.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    Hahaha. You could try aptbackup
    PkgBackUp works much better with 3.0 OS, although it costs $2.49 in Cydia it is well worth the money.

Thanks

^Yup If you're willing to spend the 2.50 go for pkgbackup
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

What version of iTunes you need to jailbreak your iphone. I guess I have ver.8.2.1.

Thanks

^ That will work.

thanks for a quick reply. So this means even the latest itune will work.

Thanks

Yup. Enjoy

I didn't use Itunes to Jailbreak my iPhone I used the redsnow App itself. I followed all the directions to do this. If you are refering to Itunes and recoverying your iPhone and setting back to a non jailbreaked phone then I guess any version of Itunes will work Though clearly the older the version the less likely it will even see your iPhone.

I do not know what the problem is but when I download the file "iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw", what I get on my computer is this " iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore", and yes I get a zip file, the ipsw apparently get lost on the process. Can someone tell me how to fix it?

Lopezj40

hi,
    im kind of new to this site...im having issues with DFU MODE..I've downloaded redsnow and fw but once I click next to get into dfu mode, I get a message that tell mes me, I must have not followed instructions correctly, to search google "DFU"
    Can you help me?

Thanks

Redsn0w tells you how to put it DFU mode, simply follow the prompts they give.
    But here are some directions anyway that may help.
    DFU mode
    INSTRUCTIONS
    Step 1. Turn off iPhone
    Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
    Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
    Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it detects iPhone in restore/recovery mode.

Alternative Method:
    Step 1. Connect iPhone to USB then listen to the sound when it connects and disconnects.
    Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.
    Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button.

Blkcadi, i tried evrything... I get the error msg"device not detected' dfu mode failed.. Try to google Dfu... I have tried evrything... Hlp!

Thanks

Try downloading redsn0w from Firefox, seems to work much better. Also if you may need to do this.
    Using XP or Vista. you need to open "My Computer"
    XP - go to the top menu and select options > Folder Options
    Vista - Top left button that says Organize > Folder and Search Options
    In that window you need to click the " VIEW " tab on top.
    NEED TO SELECT " SHOW HIDEN FILES AND FOLDERS "
    Then unclick the option to " hide protected operating system files "
    Once that's done click "apply" then ok and exit out of the window.
    Then go to this dir
    users > "USERNAME" > appdata > roaming > apple computer > iTunes >
    and the folder holding the downloaded file will be there.

my iphone 3G S Gets stuck on that Black Screen and after when I jailbreak it with redsnow after being DOne! when i unplug it, it still stays in the recovery mode. Please help.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

need help while uploading ramdisk redsnow crashes tried it twice..running windows vista

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsjunkie View Post
    need help while uploading ramdisk redsnow crashes tried it twice..running windows vista
    today i was jailbreaking a frnd's of mine iphone 2g on windows vista..using redsn0w 7.2 and had the same problem..then i downloaded redsn0w 8 to try with it and it was fine

just check to have the latest redns0w version
    Iphone?? Hmmm..more like MyPhone

I got a question. If I upgrade the firmware of a 2g iphone to 3.0 and jailbreak/unlock with redsn0w, and use a sim card of a phone with a standard data plan through at&t, will I still be able to use internet email etc without wifi? Because I tried it and havent had any luck. I took an older iphone 2g and restored software to 3.0 on my itunes acount of MY iphone (different) then unlocked and jailbroke with redsnow. Everything works except it say I have no cellular data plan. Even though I know the sim I put in it from a friend phone does its just not a pda plan. So help me out guys what am I doin wrong or what have I done that I shouldnt have?

Thanks

You have to change the APN settings.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast