Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking your iPhone 2G/3G using redsn0w for Windows

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi, i am having this problem from morning ,
    Everything goes fine until it shows a window saying “Waiting for Reboot”, and it just remains like that and never reboots and nor i see any action on the iphone ( downloading jailbreak data, flashing NOR etc ) …I have tried restoring again several times but everytime time i got stuck at “Waiting for Reboot” screen…i have even uninstalled itunes 8.2 and reinstalled and tried again but facing the same error..cant figure out what am i doing wrong ?? can anybody help me out in this please…..FYI, am on iphone 2G previously unlocked and jailbroken and was on OS 2.2 before i tried upgrading to OS 3.0
    Thanks

will redsn0w work with the new 3Gs hardware as well or only the 3G variant?

this will also unlock your phone right?

bwanaa As of now this does not work on the 3gs the break for the 3gs should be comming out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by iphonel View Post
    bwanaa As of now this does not work on the 3gs the break for the 3gs should be comming out soon.
    Sorry to let you down but its not coming. Dev-Team decided to wait for the 3.0.1 firmware for the release of the 3GS jailbreak tool. Read their blog
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

lol I never said it was comming out today or tomorrow. Who knows when apple will come out with 3.0.1.

I'm pretty new to this so maybe someone can fill me in.

What is DFU?

Also, people have been saying that cydia apps are not working on the jailbroken 3.0. So then what will need to be done in order to have these apps work on the 3.0 firmware?

Quote Originally Posted by man2rhyme View Post
    hi, i am having this problem from morning ,
    Everything goes fine until it shows a window saying “Waiting for Reboot”, and it just remains like that and never reboots and nor i see any action on the iphone ( downloading jailbreak data, flashing NOR etc ) …I have tried restoring again several times but everytime time i got stuck at “Waiting for Reboot” screen…i have even uninstalled itunes 8.2 and reinstalled and tried again but facing the same error..cant figure out what am i doing wrong ?? can anybody help me out in this please…..FYI, am on iphone 2G previously unlocked and jailbroken and was on OS 2.2 before i tried upgrading to OS 3.0
    Thanks
    im having the same issue, any ideas ?

Quote Originally Posted by Injunjosh View Post
    I'm pretty new to this so maybe someone can fill me in.

What is DFU?

Also, people have been saying that cydia apps are not working on the jailbroken 3.0. So then what will need to be done in order to have these apps work on the 3.0 firmware?
    about dfu mode is the recovery mode which you do not really have to know how to do it because while you are following the jailbreak process is telling you step by step how to do it
    -hold the power button for 3 seconds
    -without realeasing it press the home button for 10 seconds
    -then realease the power button and keep the home button pressed for 25 sec (i think)
    now about the apps not all of them are working great on 3.0 like winterboard you are not able to change the keyboard on messages but for me it is ok to update and jailbreak everything is fine!

and if you have any problems let us know!

EDIT: WHILE YOU JAILBREAK WITH REDNS0W DO NOT INSTALL BOTH ICY & CYDIA!!(THE HAVE PROBLEMS WHEN WORKING TOGETHER) JUST INSTALLED CYDIA AND YOU SHOULD BE FINE!
    Last edited by xrisis; 2009-07-01 at 12:43 PM.
    Iphone?? Hmmm..more like MyPhone

Quote Originally Posted by xrisis View Post
    about dfu mode is the recovery mode which you do not really have to know how to do it because while you are following the jailbreak process is telling you step by step how to do it

now about the apps not all of them are working great on 3.0 like winterboard you are not able to change the keyboard on messages but for me it is ok to update and jailbreak everything is fine!

and if you have any problems let us know!

EDIT: WHILE YOU JAILBREAK WITH REDNS0W DO NOT INSTALL BOTH ICY & CYDIA!!(THE HAVE PROBLEMS WHEN WORKING TOGETHER) JUST INSTALLED CYDIA AND YOU SHOULD BE FINE!
    Thanks for the reply.

If some of the apps are not working well, when can we be expecting them to start working? Will Cydia need to change something or will there need to be a different jailbreak in order to run the apps?

And,if jailbroken, can I re-sync and put my itunes apps back on my iphone? Also, can i still continue to download itunes apps and put them on my iphone? Last one, are the instructions to put NES roms and what not on the iphone 2.2 work the same asthe 3.0?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Injunjosh; 2009-07-02 at 12:00 AM.

About the apps on cydia you won't need to rejailbreak they just going to realease updates to work perfect on 3.0
    i can not answer when they will be expected because i don't know for what apps we are talking about

now about the applications from appstore just do a back up and when you update and connect again your iphone on itunes just select "restore from back up" and everything will be sync again
    Iphone?? Hmmm..more like MyPhone

well i jailbroke and able to run cydia. I tried downloading and running the nes emulator, but it's pretty laggy. Is this normal?

Hi, i wonder if anyone can assist me
    I have the iPhone 2G and i updated the firmware to 3.0 last night using the redsn0w
    everything works great except for the following
    I open up cydia and it loads but when i choose sections at the bottom, the page just says all packages, when i press that then the next page is blank
    My dad has the same iPhone and when he presses sections he gets things on the screen like messaging, themes, utilities etc etc
    Can anyone tell me why it does this on my iPhone and is there a way i can get it right??
    I appreciate your help

Thanks

Anyone having problems getting their phone to make/receive calls and messages?

Quote Originally Posted by FreeHooch View Post
    Mine is working fine. E-mails, texts, phone calls.

I just hope these cydia updates happen soon

I have the first generation iPhone, it was jailbroke under 2.2.1, I was afraid to upgarde to 3.0 but when I saw the redsn0w came out, I gave it a try, it only worked for half day, I tried to jailbreak it again, but now it get stuck on the "Downloading Jailbreak Data" screen and then goes on the black screen with the apple on it; I tried to restore but can't restore back to its original 3.0because iTunes will not recognized it. Can somebody help me on get it back to the original state or jailbreak it right? I tried both ways, with and without "icey", and even both jailbreaks, 7.0 & 7.2.
    Thanks

So it looks like there will be a 3.1 upgrade. I've already jailbroken my iphone for 3.o. How hard will it be to jailbreak up to 3.1 from 3.0? Will i have to restore the phone, upgrade to 3.1 and then jailbreak? Also, how do I keep all my cydia apps and themes from disappearing?

Thanks guys, this place has been a real help.

Angry Help!!! Please!!!
    Ok guys, I am at a loss here... I'm far from new at this, I have been jailbreaking all updates previous, but this one has me beat. I have tried everything. I have tried different XP machines, and every other little trickery that everyone suggests, and I know I can't be the only one with this problem. I get into DFU mode with no problem, it recognizes my firmware, acts like it's doing something then bam, waiting to reboot. My phone will NOT reboot, until I finally give up and reboot it myself. It will not jailbreak with 3.0 for some reason. Can anyone offer any ideas I can try? I have probably tried 40 times at least with no success!! HELP!! (thanks in advance)

Quote Originally Posted by FreeHooch View Post
    YES! Same problem here. I have tried it on 2 iPhone 3G's and have the same issue. They both say no Service and no Carrier.

I've successfully jailbroken and unlocked 3.0 on a 2g iphone but not on the 3G.

I used RedSn0w 0.7.2 and was able to complete the entire process and everything works, including wifi and cydia but i have No service with No carrier. I currently use AT&T.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobbydc View Post
    Ok guys, I am at a loss here... I'm far from new at this, I have been jailbreaking all updates previous, but this one has me beat. I have tried everything. I have tried different XP machines, and every other little trickery that everyone suggests, and I know I can't be the only one with this problem. I get into DFU mode with no problem, it recognizes my firmware, acts like it's doing something then bam, waiting to reboot. My phone will NOT reboot, until I finally give up and reboot it myself. It will not jailbreak with 3.0 for some reason. Can anyone offer any ideas I can try? I have probably tried 40 times at least with no success!! HELP!! (thanks in advance)
    Go back and restore your iPhone thru itunes, then start all over again. when you get to the final steps skip step one... start on step "2" where you have to press and hold power & home buttons at teh same time for 10 seconds and continue from there...

If this keeps failing then try an alternate method which can be purplera1n http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-...t-win-osx.html

Good luck and hope this helps
    There're never enough iPhone Mods
    If anything I said helped you, Please press the Thanks! button

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast