Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: pwnage .. no service

Default pwnage .. no service
    I have not service with the custom firmware. I'm att user. help me.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darksteel View Post
    I have not service with the custom firmware. I'm att user. help me.

thanks
    Fixed!

But every time that I join to the BootNeuter app, I lost the signal!
    Last edited by darksteel; 2008-04-04 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Thanks

So do you have service or not?
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

Quote Originally Posted by m3thodandr3d View Post
    So do you have service or not?
    yes, but i click accidentaly bootneuter y lost it.

Apparently if you don't bootneuter you don't get the signal =/...still no signal

Thanks

i thought bootneuter was only for unlockers...
    p.s. my 100th post! yay!
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

I have no idea. I must be doing something wrong...the only setting I clicked was Activate (for both 1.4 and 2.0)...it's a good thing it's not mine (then again, that means my friend will kill me =/).

edit: just checked...unlock baseband is for unlockers...bootneuter takes off the security to allow custom firmware =/...according to the tutorial
    Last edited by Niiro13; 2008-04-04 at 07:49 AM.

If you are an att customer, from what i have learned so far, you are SOL. No activated pwnd iphone yet.

so if i am an att customer and my phone is jailbroken with 1.1.4, i forgot what i jailbroke it with, anyway, should i do this pwnd **** or not? is it gonna be bennifical to me
    3.0 3g *******

Default I'm busting that myth...
    Quote Originally Posted by wine_guy View Post
    If you are an att customer, from what i have learned so far, you are SOL. No activated pwnd iphone yet.
    I'm an ATT customer, and I'm activated after pwning.
    I jailbroke and installed bootneuter on 1.1.4 and activated through itunes with custom IPSW file I created in pwnage. I enabled baseband update, and neutered the BL, like I said before, but didn't check the upgrade/downgrade boxes, also didn't unlock the baseband, activate, or use the dev images.

No issues with signal whatsoever.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arem For This Useful Post:

BigBadBill (2008-05-07), mdborn39 (2008-04-06), RomanNumeral5 (2008-04-06)

Quote Originally Posted by arem View Post
    I'm an ATT customer, and I'm activated after pwning.
    I jailbroke and installed bootneuter on 1.1.4 and activated through itunes with custom IPSW file I created in pwnage. I enabled baseband update, and neutered the BL, like I said before, but didn't check the upgrade/downgrade boxes, also didn't unlock the baseband, activate, or use the dev images.

No issues with signal whatsoever.
    Wait...are you 1.1.4 or 1.2.0...he's talking about 1.2.0...

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro13 View Post
    Wait...are you 1.1.4 or 1.2.0...he's talking about 1.2.0...
    Was that specified somewhere?
    I didn't see it in the thread title, or the posts. My mistake if this is only refering to 1.2.0 as I'm running 1.1.4
    Last edited by arem; 2008-04-04 at 11:41 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to arem For This Useful Post:

silborscht (2008-07-22)

I'm having issues with AT&T signal loss as well. Previously I would just restart or go into BootNueter and then back out again and that would resolve the issue. This time is different though. Nothing I've done has been able to resolve the issue. I'm going to attempt to setup my IPSW as specified by arem to see if I can resolve this issue completely or I'm switching back to the standard software

success!

Confirming arems settings are good.

I got a message on iTunes that there was something wrong with the phone while bootnueter was running and after the phone restarted iTunes took over and allowed me to activate as normal!
    Last edited by iNfEk; 2008-04-05 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

wait if your an at&t user i thought you wernt supposed to check the activate box?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to lillewis51 For This Useful Post:

morgan1234 (2008-04-14)

Lets clear this up. WITH AT&T, to be activated what do you have to do on 2.0? 1.1.4?

Yep arem instruction above worked for me as well on 1.1.4.

BTW - the instructions in this link is the most comprehensive; http://iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=893

I had the same problem I just rebuilt the firmware using simple mode and all worked just fine.

I was running pwned 2.0 with no service then I built the new one using simple mode and restored. All seems to be working again.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to poktrokt29 For This Useful Post:

silborscht (2008-07-22)

Did you hold the option key when you restored? I didn't and still no activation with AT&T. I also followed Arem's advice and still no luck.

Update: Well hot damn! I did it again and I think it was my USB cord wasn't connected well the first time round - I had to reconnect during the middle of the process the second time when I had to shut the iPhone down. Then it broke successfully with service. And yes I did hold down the option key this time during restore

I am now syncing with a signal and AT&T logo. Thanks Arem and Poktrokt29!!!

Can't wait to see the 2.0 Cydia and Installer apps back in my life. Although Twittelator, ibenjis and the Carling Beer app in the app store are pretty cool as well.
    Last edited by silborscht; 2008-07-22 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Success!!