View Poll Results: Will you PWN your iPhone?

Voters
223. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

77 34.53%
  • NO!

10 4.48%
  • Yes, even though mine's already jailbroken/activated

121 54.26%
  • No, I'm afraid.

15 6.73%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will you PWN your iPhone?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Been there done that... great success! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by chr_mar View Post
    If I PWN my phone and dont like it can it be removed and go back to Apples firmware????

One more thing. I watched the video on how to Pwn your Iphone and it makes it unlocked and jailbroken but are the installer app and cydia added aswell??
    yes can someone please answer this question. for example can you add payloads like iliberty+?

iPhone? More like MyPhone rvlyssup's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dailomac View Post
    i wanna iPwn my iPhone asap.. lol.. its like having my old moto back with full customization again.. lol....
    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post
    Exactly! I used to hang out at www.modmymoto.com and install custom firmwares to my RAZR.
    Memories...

Seems like ZiPhone never really worked right on my wife's iPhone...You Tube never worked no matter what hacks I tried. I may just try it when its out on Windows...
    My Week 51 8Gig is "retired", currently using i580 on Boost Mobile. Yeah, I miss my i...
    Wifey's - 8GB 3G unlocked & jailbroken using blacksn0w, GO GEO!
    Also retired Week 29 4 GiG on 3.1 custom firmware & originally Unlocked & JB via WinPwn.
    Unbranded & Unlocked Custom WM6 Cingy 8125, R.I.P Cingy 8525 (WSOD)
    BB Bold, Miami Ink v3, v235, & an mpx220, all unlocked!

I will use it when the next firmware comes out. Right now a have a perfectly working 1.1.4 on T-Mobile with a lot of cool apps that make my iPhone multiple times better than a stock one. But I see no use in fixing something that isn't broken. Also I'll wait and see how well it does it's job by letting you guys try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by chr_mar View Post
    If I PWN my phone and dont like it can it be removed and go back to Apples firmware????

One more thing. I watched the video on how to Pwn your Iphone and it makes it unlocked and jailbroken but are the installer app and cydia added aswell??
    Yes, if you wish to go back to stock after pwning, just to a restore in itunes. pwnage is completely erasable.

Quote Originally Posted by wine_guy View Post
    Yes, if you wish to go back to stock after pwning, just to a restore in itunes. pwnage is completely erasable.
    see this is why i dont really get ipwned to much. I mean using, lets say iLiberty+ to jailbreak is also completly reversible when you restore.

So the only real advantage that iPwn has over the other jailbreak methods is that it will work basically on every firmware that apple releases correct.

Well, there are a few differences. The biggest difference is that with a "pwned" iphone, you can install unsigned firware files. this means that you can install custom .ipsw files that are pre-jailbroken, unlocked, and soon can include your favorite installer apps. Basically custom firmwares for your iphone.

And yes, pwnage also works with the new 1.2 firmware.

I believe that another advantage of PWNage is that it will me much more stable because it is the firmware and not just a patch

I will when the windows version comes out.

HELL Yea I would PWN it lol I already have anyway lol
    To check out my blog just type bilsta57 into the google search bar

Just PWN'd mine > Had a few issues but all of them were caused by me (User Error)

Everything is working fine now.

Just got to update my Sig !

did the windows come out yet?

Thanks

Yep, I hated the pineapple boot image so I restored. Now it can be modified so the awesome colored Apple logo can be used. I'm mad.

- John

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123