Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No more signal

Default No more signal
    Hello,
    Just had a jailbreak 4.3.3 on my iphone 4 for the first time. It's a sim-free iphone, so I am able to use it with any kind of sim. The baseband is 04.10.01 and I used Pwnage Tool. Now there's no signal, I've already tried to reset network settings and also reset all settings, but nothing happens.

Do you know what to do? Just converted it into an ipod...

Cheers guys

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Add this to cydia source : cydia.pushfix.info and install carrier reset fix. Take out your sim and reinsert it back.

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Add this to cydia source : cydia.pushfix.info and install carrier reset fix. Take out your sim and reinsert it back.
    Ok, thanks. I'll try it now and I'll let you know.

I also found another option: do the entire procedure again, but unchecking the "Activate iPhone" checkbox. Could it be another solution? Is it the same? Or it works just for sim-locked iphones?

Thanks

Thanks

Correct, you must not activate your custom fw, but you have to restore all over again. Try my first post first to see if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Correct, you must not activate your custom fw, but you have to restore all over again. Try my first post first to see if it works.
    Just tried a couple of times, but unfortunately it doesn't work.

I think I will do everything again unchecking the activate box...

Thanks anyway!

It happened to me too. Used Pwnage 4.3.3.1 and it worked great, but I had no carrier signal. I did not see a unchecking box. I restored it to factory to get my signal back cuz I have to go to work. I will try it again tonight and add cydia.pushfix.info and install carrier reset fix.

I SOLVED the issue just doing it again unchecking the box. You can find it just after selecting the original firmware to patch. When clicking General on this step http://www.iclarified.com/images/tut...9971/49971.png you will see this screen http://www.iclarified.com/images/tut...0281/50281.png so just uncheck "Activate the phone" then follow the normal procedure. IT WORKS!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to guarino85 For This Useful Post:

LeTanc (2011-06-11)

Thanks guarino85! This worked perfectly for me too! I was really confused as to why it wouldn't work, and couldn't find the solution anywhere else.

Thanks

Summary :
    If you are with official carrier and your baseband cannot be unlocked by Ultrasn0w, you must let your official sim to activate in order to get signal.