Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Russian Steve Jobs

Default The Russian Steve Jobs
    I was previously running a 3gs jailbroken on 4.0 with pwnage tool 4.0. Tonight I tried to upgrade to 4.1 and did so with pwnage 4.1. It created the custom .ipsw ok but when I tried to restore to it itunes and the 3gs hung up near the end of the process (tried multiple times). Now I'm stuck with this stupid Russian speaking Steve Jobs cartoon on my phone and I can't figure out how to get it off. Help!

Looks like you got a dodgy version of pwnagetool there or maybe didn't pick up the correct ipsw?

Get the new pwnagetool 4.1. Create another custom firmware and use pwnagetool to get your phone into DFU. Try again with the custom firmware.

Good luck.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

sounds like you're stuck in recovery mode, use TinyUmbrella to kick your device out of recovery mode

How? I dl'd TinyUnbrella 4.1.11 for 10.6.4. Hooked up my 3gs but now I don't know what to do...

Edit..
    I clicked on my device under "recovery devices" then chose "exit recovery"... nothing happens...

Redownloaded quickpwn 4.1 as well as ios4.1... Getting the same issue. Builds the ipsw just fine but when i try to restore to the custom firmware it still hangs up at "Restoring iPhone Software..." with the bar almost there. Same on the iphone....
    Last edited by b0xhunter; 2010-10-21 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b0xhunter View Post
    How? I dl'd TinyUnbrella 4.1.11 for 10.6.4. Hooked up my 3gs but now I don't know what to do...

Edit..
    I clicked on my device under "recovery devices" then chose "exit recovery"... nothing happens...

Redownloaded quickpwn 4.1 as well as ios4.1... Getting the same issue. Builds the ipsw just fine but when i try to restore to the custom firmware it still hangs up at "Restoring iPhone Software..." with the bar almost there. Same on the iphone....
    Use tinyumbrella to kick it out of recovery mode.

Ok so I managed to bring it back to life by restoring it to stock 4.1 via my vista comp. After work I'll try the jb again and let you guys know how it goes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yea sometimes TinyUmbrella can't kick it out of recovery just because it's not possible.