Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1600 & 21 Error issue during custom firmware restore on itunes

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 1600 & 21 Error issue during custom firmware restore on itunes
    Just created a custom firmware using Pawnagetool 4.1. Upon restoring the custom fimrware on itunes 10, I am experiencing an error 1604 and 21.

Can anybody assist in successfully restoring the 4.1 custom firmware on itunes?

Thanks in advance.

Are you definitely in DFU and not recovery?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The iphone screen shows the apple logo with the usb cable connector on it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Is your iphone jailbroken before the restore to cfw?

What device do you have ?
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-10-21 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You've got the phone in recovery mode. Use Pwnagetool to put the phone in dfu.

Thanks

^^^westonben is correct. Since you already created your custom firmware, do the following:

1. Open PwnageTool and select DFU mode and follow the on screen instructions.

If you are successful, your iPhone screen will be totally black and PwnageTools will tell you that you were successful.

2. Exit PwnageTool.

3. Open iTunes and restore your custom firmware

FYI, You must use PwnageTool to put your iPhone into DFU mode because it puts your iPhone into a special DFU mode that allows iTunes to restore a custom firmware on a pre-jailbroken device. If you put your iPhone into DFU mode manually outside of PwnageTool, it will not work.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

I'm getting the same errors on my Apple TV. No way to tell if it's in DFU and I follow Pwnage Tool exactly. It even tells me I'm in DFU.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Westonben,

Thanks for the input. Will give it a whirl.

I can't get pwnagetool to recognize 3GS in DFU mode.

Have done it on 2 x 3G now, worked fine both times. But when I try with 3GS, Pwnagetool just remains on the "Release Power Button" screen in the DFU tutorial and does not say "Successfully entered DFU mode!" even though the device is in DFU (black screen but connected to computer)

Anyone experienced this or got some advice on how to fix?

Quote Originally Posted by bellyfrog View Post
    I can't get pwnagetool to recognize 3GS in DFU mode.

Have done it on 2 x 3G now, worked fine both times. But when I try with 3GS, Pwnagetool just remains on the "Release Power Button" screen in the DFU tutorial and does not say "Successfully entered DFU mode!" even though the device is in DFU (black screen but connected to computer)

Anyone experienced this or got some advice on how to fix?
    See your other thread, I've got ideas but no solution.

Will the "iPhone Dev-Team PwnageTool 4.1.1 Update" released today help fix the 1601 & 21 errors?

Thanks

In order to use Pwnage tools 4.1, you should be already prejailbroken with Limera1n or Greenpoison at 4.0 or 4.0.1. It uses their bootrom exploit to get you to jailbroken 4.1 while preserving your baseband.

YOU ARE AN ANGEL SENT FROM HEAVEN. that worked perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    In order to use Pwnage tools 4.1, you should be already prejailbroken with Limera1n or Greenpoison at 4.0 or 4.0.1. It uses their bootrom exploit to get you to jailbroken 4.1 while preserving your baseband.
    I don't think that is true. I used pwnagetool on a 4.0.1 stock 3GS and it worked no problem. I think the DFU part of the pwnagetool is maybe the geohot exploit. Either way, I don't believe it's necessary to JB before using PT 4.1, though I could be wrong

Would be interesting to see if you are already JB with limerain/greenpoison whether you need to put the phone in DFU for the restore.
    Last edited by eyeRobot; 2010-10-24 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Oops, Westonben, you are right. So basically any firmware from stock 4.0 onwards can be restored to pwnage tools 4.1. Thanks for the info..never have a chance to try it myself..LOL

I wonder if you are using a pc if you could say jailbreak a stock 4.0 using limerain then just shift restore to a mac Pwnagetool created 4.1 firmware without using the Pwnagetool dfu mode on a mac? It could work since the exploit will already be on the phone? Worth a try if someone got stuck.