Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: pwned 3gs firmware

Default pwned 3gs firmware
    can somebody plz upload a tested pwned firmware for iphone 3gs with 5.13.04 baseband

what he says !!! thanks in advance

If you have windows, it wont do you any good

Thanks

Guys, MMI does not allow posting custom firmware links in any MMI forums. Your best bet is ask someone to PM you. Don't download any 4.1 custom firmware that you googled from sites like rapidshare or similiar sites. Make sure you get it from someone you know or is a member of MMI. Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by arram
    If you have windows, it wont do you any good
    arram is correct. PwnageTool only runs on a Mac and PwnageTool must run on the same computer that you are restoring the custom firmware because it puts your iPhone into a special DFU mode that allows iTunes to restore a custom firmware on pre-jailbroken device.
    Last edited by reddawg; 2010-10-21 at 09:14 AM.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

Anyway to run pwnagetool in windows?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nitrogen521 View Post
    Anyway to run pwnagetool in windows?
    No.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

Well not exactly in windows, but yes you can run PwnageTool on a PC. Using Vmware to boot up Mac OS X.

But it's an incredibly painful process and not really recommended. Just google "run pwnagetool on pc" and look for the youtube video, that has everything you need to get started.

Thanks

To start, getting Mac OS X (Hackintosh) to run in VMWare workstation took a lot of wasted time on my part just to get it to work and requires very specific hardware. I was only able to get Mac OS X Tiger 10.5.2 to work and it was unstable and very very slow. With VMWare Workstation 6, the host PC must have an Intel Dual Core, or Intel Core 2 Duo to work. In the end, it wasn't worth it. I spent $149 on VMWare Workstation license, then I had to purchase a Mac OS X tiger license. I would have saved myself a lot of money if I had just purchased a Mac Mini, which is what I ended up doing.

You can buy a used Mac Mini with an Intel Core 2 Duo processor on Craigslist for about $300.
    Last edited by reddawg; 2010-10-22 at 01:11 PM.