Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I custom upgrade 3GS old bootrom from 3.0 to 4.0.1, please help!

Unhappy How do I custom upgrade 3GS old bootrom from 3.0 to 4.0.1, please help!
    Ok so I got a brand new 3gs from craigslist and it came with firmware 3.0! I jailbroke it with redsn0w 2 days ago and so the the shsh file for 4.0.1 is not saved on cydia, only 4.1 is saved. since I need this to be unlocked, I have to custom upgrade this. Which tools do I need to do that and where do I download the custom firmwares??

Thanks for all the help in advance!

Use Pwnagetool to upgrade. I just done the same thing on a 3Gs 3.0 with the 3.0 firmware (he jailbroke it but never saved his SHSH).

Follow the guide from iClarified iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.0]

Hope that helps.

The problem is I don't have a Mac, how can I do this using PC?? Sn0wbreeze? is Sn0wbreeze as good as pwnagetool??

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

The best way for you to go is create a custom firmware from Snowbreeze 2.0.2 of 4.1 ipsw and restore to it. Snowbreeze 2.0.2 works flawlessly on 3gs and I am using it too.

Thanks guys, sn0wbreeze worked flawlessly, I just custom upgraded to 4.0.1.

Why didn't you go to 4.1?

Quote Originally Posted by westonben View Post
    Why didn't you go to 4.1?
    Yeah im wondering that myself. I went to 4.1 custom and im liking this one. My battery life is definately better than previous firmwares.