Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPhone 3GS Old Bootrom Jailbreak 4.0.2

  1. #1
    Default iPhone 3GS Old Bootrom Jailbreak 4.0.2
    I am currently running 4.0.2 on my unactivated iphone 3GS with OLD bootrom

    the guide at Jailbreak iPhone 3GS on iOS 4.0.2 with PwnageTool [How to Guide] | Redmond Pie

    says it is supposed to work, but it doesnt.

    I created my custom firmware, I replaced the kernel cache file and recompiled WITHOUT compression.

    But, in iTunes when I try to restore it with alt+Restore(im on OS X) it gives error 1600 in DFU mode and 1604 in Restore mode.


    what can i do?

    also, the iphone never has been jailbroken before.
    Last edited by Bammeh; 2010-09-02 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bammeh For This Useful Post:

    [email protected] (2010-09-12)

  3. #2
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    You must be jailbroken first to be able to use Custom Firmware. You have to downgrade first to 3.1.2, then use either Redsn0w 0.9.2 or Blackra1n RC3 to jailbreak, only then you can use Pwnage tools to restore to iOS 4.0

  4. #3
    I dont have the SHSH for 3.1.2 :/ So i cant downgrade.

  5. #4
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Then downgrade to 4.0.1 and use jailbreakme.com instead.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

  6. #5
    I cant downgrade at ALL.

    I have NEVER jailbroken. Meaning I have 0 SHSH backed up in Cydia. So, there is nothing for me to downgrade to.

    Wait, I think I can downgrade to 3.1.3.
    Last edited by Bammeh; 2010-09-02 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  7. #6
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Bammeh View Post
    I cant downgrade at ALL.

    I have NEVER jailbroken. Meaning I have 0 SHSH backed up in Cydia. So, there is nothing for me to downgrade to.
    Give it a shot. I have a feeling you'll get lucky. Edit your hosts file to point to Saurik's server and then try a downgrade to 4.0.1.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

  8. #7
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Use the file to downgrade, let me know if that works out for you.
    Put your Iphone into DFU mode, do the Shift + Restore to the Revised 4.0.2 ipsw.
    Itunes which is now directed to Cydia and will think that you are restoring to 4.0.2 but when done, it is supposed to be OS 4.0.1 installed.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-09-02 at 02:10 AM.

  9. #8
    Wow, that actually worked. Thanks a TON dhamien

  10. #9
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Bammeh View Post
    Wow, that actually worked. Thanks a TON dhamien
    I had a feeling it might. You're welcome
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

  11. #10
    Default how do i find out what version i am at !
    Hey guys,

    I had the same issue, only I was already jailbroken to start with. I upgraded to 4.0.2 and messed things up, but eventually I was (I think) able to downgrade to 4.0 firmware. Now the problem is, I still can't get blackra1n to jailbreak it. It never shows me the picture of the kid, just stays on the itunes+USB logo.

    The good thing is, it does say I need to activate my iphone which means its atleast downgraded (or just hanging in there with 4.0.2 despite of me selecting xx4.0.xx_restore.ipsw).

    Any idea how I can get it to jailbreak again? Or at least to find out what version I finally have?

  12. #11
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by riteshpali View Post
    Hey guys,

    I had the same issue, only I was already jailbroken to start with. I upgraded to 4.0.2 and messed things up, but eventually I was (I think) able to downgrade to 4.0 firmware. Now the problem is, I still can't get blackra1n to jailbreak it. It never shows me the picture of the kid, just stays on the itunes+USB logo.

    The good thing is, it does say I need to activate my iphone which means its atleast downgraded (or just hanging in there with 4.0.2 despite of me selecting xx4.0.xx_restore.ipsw).

    Any idea how I can get it to jailbreak again? Or at least to find out what version I finally have?
    blackra1n doesn't work at all on 4.0 so that's why you can't jailbreak. You need to activate the phone with either an official sim or a phone book sim. Once you've done that, you can jailbreak by going to jailbreakme.com from the phone's safari app.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

    riteshpali (2010-09-05)

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    blackra1n doesn't work at all on 4.0 so that's why you can't jailbreak. You need to activate the phone with either an official sim or a phone book sim. Once you've done that, you can jailbreak by going to jailbreakme.com from the phone's safari app.
    just found using tinyumbrella that I am still at 4.0.2 version. If I get inside the phone with the phonebook sim, will I still be able to jailbreak using jailbreakme.com (I though there was no JB for 4.0.2)?

  15. #13
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    48,878
    Thanks
    8,108
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

    No jailbreakme doesn't work on 4.0.2, you would have to downgrade to 4.0 or 4.0.1 first, assuming you have SHSH to do so.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    riteshpali (2010-09-05)

  17. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    No jailbreakme doesn't work on 4.0.2, you would have to downgrade to 4.0 or 4.0.1 first, assuming you have SHSH to do so.
    Thanks for the response...thankfully I was able to get it down to 4.0 (apparently had the SHSH blobs saved somehow!) Now I am at the activation screen USB+iTunes slide for emergency screen. So I use phonebook sim and then using WiFi connect to Jailbreakme.com correct?

  18. #15
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    48,878
    Thanks
    8,108
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

    Thats right. If you have any issues putting a different sim in after unlocking (assuming you are unlocking) just add cydia.pushfix.info to sources in cydia and install hacktivation patch from that repo.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    riteshpali (2010-09-05)

  20. #16
    I seem to have a similar problem with a never been jailbroken 3GS (Orange France) 4.0.2; which file should I be using against Saurik's server?

    Thank so much!

  21. #17
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Never jailbroeken, means you don't have shsh blogs to downgrade. You cannot jailbreak at 4.0.2, download tiny umbrellla Version 4.1.4 and save your 4.1 shsh blogs now for later use.

  22. #18
    after 2 weeks of trying this Jailbreak iPhone 3GS on iOS 4.0.2 with PwnageTool [How to Guide] | Redmond Pie stuff and athoer more i still have a 3gs on 4.0.2 that has never been jailbroken, and it seemn that will remain this way...
    i was wondering why this Redmond Pie din not write in his tutorial that you must have been jailbreaken before ??
    anyway, the question was : shoud i update to 4.1 seence i think there will never be a jailbreak for 4.0.2 ?
    thak you

  23. #19
    iPhone? More like MyPhone vporter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    189
    Thanks
    267
    Thanked 99 Times in 49 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by erossore View Post
    after 2 weeks of trying this Jailbreak iPhone 3GS on iOS 4.0.2 with PwnageTool [How to Guide] | Redmond Pie stuff and athoer more i still have a 3gs on 4.0.2 that has never been jailbroken, and it seemn that will remain this way...
    i was wondering why this Redmond Pie din not write in his tutorial that you must have been jailbreaken before ??
    anyway, the question was : shoud i update to 4.1 seence i think there will never be a jailbreak for 4.0.2 ?
    thak you
    At this rate, there'll never be a JB for 4.1 unless you've been JB before... which is crazy IMO. I just said forget it and am stuck with 4.1, until I decide if I want iOS or FroYo..

  24. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by vporter View Post
    At this rate, there'll never be a JB for 4.1 unless you've been JB before... which is crazy IMO. I just said forget it and am stuck with 4.1, until I decide if I want iOS or FroYo..
    I'm in a similar spot where I tried basically everything from the 4.0.2/4.0.1 swap, etc and it seems I'm out of luck on jailbreaking an unjailbroken 4.0.2 3gs. I ended up just grabbing umbrella and at least saving my SHSH with cydia in the hopes that someday it might help, but I've thrown in the towel for now. Looks like even all the 4.1 hacks require you to have a prejailbroken 3gs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •