Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: upgrade to 3.1.3 help, please???

Default upgrade to 3.1.3 help, please???
    I'm trying to upgrade my 3G phone from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 so I can use the new netflix streaming app on my phone. I already have it jailbroken on the current OS, and want it still to be jailbroken on 3.1.3. I don't care about it being unlocked, as I'm on AT&T and don't plan on changing any time soon.

I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what I need to do to get to 3.1.3. The guide on here says to just upgrade through iTunes and then jailbreak after that, but if I do that, I'll be upgraded to the 4.x OS, right? That's not what I want.

I also tried to use pwnage tool like I have in the past, but have not been able to get it to work. I was using version 3.1.5 and downloaded the 3.1.3 ipsw from some site that just has all of them. When I tried to browse to the ipsw I downloaded, pwnage says that I am trying to use an improper firmware bundle.

Thanks for any help.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Shift+restore to a stock 3.1.3 ipsw

Jailbreak with Redsn0w 0.9.4 (download the 3.1.2 ipsw for use with Redsn0w though).

Thanks for the reply. Sorry if I'm being dense here, but are you saying that I need to restore to 3.1.3 with iTunes, then use Redsnow with a 3.1.2 ipsw to jailbreak my phone that would then be operating on the 3.1.3 OS?

Nevermind - I did some researching and found out that redsn0w doesn't recognize 3.1.3 ipsw, so you need to point it to 3.1.2 to jailbreak your device.

Thanks a lot for your help, though - I now know what to do.
    Last edited by niqolas619; 2010-08-27 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Yes that was what I meant