Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 downgrade

Default iPhone 4 downgrade
    All instructions to downgrade are for the 3G. Is there a downgrade possible for the iPhone 4? I've tried every combination of downgrade instruction, tiny umbrella, redsn0w, I've confirmed my shsh blobs on cydia (via tiny umbrella) I've changed the system32/driver/etc files according to instructions, I've done everything and nothing works for iPhone 4. I downgraded my touch 3 no prob. Please please tell me there is a way!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Are you running TinyUmbrella's TSS server while downgrading (assuming youve edited your host file)?

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Are you running TinyUmbrella's TSS server while downgrading (assuming youve edited your host file)?
    I have tried to downgrade running the TSS server, I have tried without the TSS server, I've tried in DFU mode, I've tried out of DFU mode, I've tried in restore mode, without restore mode and all combination's of the above and TSS server. NOTHING is working. Is there another way?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

What did you add to your host file?is it the correct code youre supposed to add for iP4? Are you also saving the entire document on your desktop when you edited the host file?

Im having the exact same problem. What in the world am I supposed to do to this thing? Help please.

****PLEASE HELP*** thank you in advance.. Here is my problem.. I have an iphone 4 running 4.0.1 with shsh's on file with cydia.. I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY restored back to factory 4.0.1 twice already. the last time was about a week ago. In the past 24 hours I've been trying to do it again and it's not getting past the verifying with apple part. I have changed NOTHING in my pc. and I'm getting error 3194. I have tried EVERYTHING and when I say everything... RFU mode, recovery mode. local restore with tiny umbrella, Fixed hosts file a million times when nothing was even wrong with it. I tried the other ip address. the 105.171 even though it worked 2 times with the other cydia ip add.. Does anyone know if something has changed in the past couple of days? PLEASE HELP! Thanks.. ALSO, my girlfriend's iphone has shsh on file for 4.0.1 and she had to update to 4.0.2 on her iphone 4, same problem with her phone, now she cant downgrade. has anyone upgraded to 4.0.2 and successfully downgraded? WHY is everything for 3gs and 3g? even saurik's site.. is anyone going to update?
    Last edited by uncleburnsie; 2010-09-04 at 08:36 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

A common problem is having two references to gs.apple.com in the hosts file. One needs to be commented out (put a # sign in front of the line).
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Please help I have upgraded my iphone by mistake but not cannot down grade. I have a 3gs. version 4.1 I previously have 4.0. Please help. I am going crazy. cannot use my phone. I have tmobile.

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kmarso View Post
    Please help I have upgraded my iphone by mistake but not cannot down grade. I have a 3gs. version 4.1 I previously have 4.0. Please help. I am going crazy. cannot use my phone. I have tmobile.

You are screwed pretty much, you upgraded your baseband your phone can no longer be unlocked by ultrasn0w. No new unlock is currently in the works. You may want to sell it and buy another one.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Captinsmooth View Post
    You are screwed pretty much, you upgraded your baseband your phone can no longer be unlocked by ultrasn0w. No new unlock is currently in the works. You may want to sell it and buy another one.
    Sorry but am having almost the same problem, iPhone 4, iOS 4.1, AT&T , I could not find a jailbreak or even an unlock to use another sim as am not living anymore in the states. Why should we sell the phone? There will never be an unlock? And in regard to the jailbreak, there will not be a jailbreak soon ?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Why wouldn't you sell it? You're looking at 1-6 months before a new unlock. The unlock will come out, it's just not determined when or if it is even being worked on right now. You can wait and wait and see if in the next 2 months you'll get the unlock, but you'll probably likely have a very expensive useless phone for the next month (and like I said, up to 6 more months with that)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

Jechi (2010-10-07)

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Why wouldn't you sell it? You're looking at 1-6 months before a new unlock. The unlock will come out, it's just not determined when or if it is even being worked on right now. You can wait and wait and see if in the next 2 months you'll get the unlock, but you'll probably likely have a very expensive useless phone for the next month (and like I said, up to 6 more months with that)
    This.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter