Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Basic manners?

Default Basic manners?
    Is the dev-team exempt from demonstrating some basic manners? They MUST be aware of all the furor surrounding they anticipated release of their JB/Unlock since Apple has posted their 4.01 update. Are they waiting on the MAJOR 4.1 update?

I know they are "working" and I know they don't owe me a thing, but a scrap of info from the "team" would really be appreciated. Even something as basic as a "we're still here.." would be appreciated.

As far as I or most of us know, they all gave it up and went home.

How about something for us undeserving peons.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The dev team posts lost of updates on twitter. Get a twitter account and follow them all including comex who is not on the official dev team but is the one person responsible for the next iPhone 4 and 3GS new bootrom jailbreak. Look up my twitter account if you want as I only follow the "essentials".

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

iphone_dev
    planetbeing
    musclenerd
    comex

Follow those twitter accounts for any and all JB related info.

Basic manners? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    iphone_dev
    planetbeing
    musclenerd
    comex

Follow those twitter accounts for any and all JB related info.

Basic manners? Seriously?
    Yes, seriously. Apparently a foreign concept.

Thanks for the Twitter URLs.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    The dev team posts lost of updates on twitter. Get a twitter account and follow them all including comex who is not on the official dev team but is the one person responsible for the next iPhone 4 and 3GS new bootrom jailbreak. Look up my twitter account if you want as I only follow the "essentials".
    Thank you. I do appreciate your response.
    Last edited by RetiredBilly; 2010-07-18 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredBilly View Post
    Yes, seriously. Apparently a foreign concept.
    So it's their fault that you don't know where to look for updates? Besides, what is that you want? A new blog post every day that all say "still working on it"?
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Funny, I thought this thread was to complain about all of the "Hey, <someone working on a JB> where is my jailbreak." people out there. But sadly, it is the other way around.

This is the same thing as the old comedy skit goes "Are we there yet?" I am surprised the Team has put up with it as well as they have.

Give them a break so they have more time to do what they enjoy, hacking the iPhone. They when they are done, they will let everyone know.

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    So it's their fault that you don't know where to look for updates? Besides, what is that you want? A new blog post every day that all say "still working on it"?
    A"sticky" would have been helpful. Do you think your response actually added anything to the discussion?

The two fellows that actually posted some help are really, really appreciated." Holier than thou, I know, so why don't you?" slams don't accomplish much, do they?

Quote Originally Posted by nerk69 View Post
    Funny, I thought this thread was to complain about all of the "Hey, <someone working on a JB> where is my jailbreak." people out there. But sadly, it is the other way around.

This is the same thing as the old comedy skit goes "Are we there yet?" I am surprised the Team has put up with it as well as they have.

Give them a break so they have more time to do what they enjoy, hacking the iPhone. They when they are done, they will let everyone know.

See comment to other "helpful" soul above.
    Last edited by RetiredBilly; 2010-07-24 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredBilly View Post
    A"sticky" would have been helpful. Do you think your response actually added anything to the discussion?

The two fellows that actually posted some help are really, really appreciated." Holier than thou, I know, so why don't you?" slams don't accomplish much, do they?
    A sticky that said what? "Still working on it"?

If it prevents some other guy from making a similar post in the future, then it has accomplished what was intended.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Sticky this: when its ready! When it's public! Everyone will know! Even the people that don't know where to look will know

Thanks

We should sticky "don't ask , search"

That or delete and ban anyone who thinks the jailbreak is owed to them

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

mortopher (2010-08-01)

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow this thread is a real gem....lol
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

Yes, it truly is amazing all the martyrs for the dev-team we have.

It would be one thing if the dev-team,or one of its minions, took umbrage with my remark that I was frustrated. If you actually read my post you will see I acknowledged that they owed me nothing. At the time I didn't know about the Twitter accounts. Now I do. Isn't that kind of education what a community forum is supposed to do? Without the "holier than thou" slams.

But, for someone NOT affected to have his/her feelings hurt is beyond belief. Instead of idiots castigating me for being ignorant, it would have been more helpful if they had directed me to Twitter...like the first guys did.

As for the rest of you...save your indignant outrage for something worthy of it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Everyone chill! We are all grateful for the work of the dev team, particularly admirable as they don't charge for it and comex had released source code for the spirit jailbreak just like he promised so people can learn how to do it for themselves.

We know that as soon as it's done it will be released. They won't sit on it just to see us squirm. Retiredbilly does have a point in that it is frustrating not knowing where we are at. But people have to realize that as with any computer programming it is nearly impossible to predict finish times because sometimes the smallest little glitch can hold you up for ages. Whilst I would like more updates I'm mottling to whinge at them about it and when it boils right down to it I'd prefer they were hard at work on the jailbreak than wasting time posting meaningless updates on twitter.

The twitter accounts listed above are the official ones. There are other people such as stealthbravo and ih8sn0w who sometimes tell what they know. Read through the tweets and see who they are talking to. When it's out, everyone will know. Until then us poor souls stuck in boring iPhone land just have to wait and try not to be too impatient.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredBilly;
    Yes, it truly is amazing all the martyrs for the dev-team we have.

It would be one thing if the dev-team,or one of its minions, took umbrage with my remark that I was frustrated. If you actually read my post you will see I acknowledged that they owed me nothing. At the time I didn't know about the Twitter accounts. Now I do. Isn't that kind of education what a community forum is supposed to do? Without the "holier than thou" slams.

But, for someone NOT affected to have his/her feelings hurt is beyond belief. Instead of idiots castigating me for being ignorant, it would have been more helpful if they had directed me to Twitter...like the first guys did.

As for the rest of you...save your indignant outrage for something worthy of it.
    I apologize for those that castigated you. Here's some additional info, I hope it helps.

Ample info here

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sorry that should be iH8sn0w with the capital H. And StealthBravo with SB. Also check out saurik and chpwn. Check followers and tweets and use your head to figure out if someone's real or not.