Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS Jailbroken 4.0.1 issues

Default 3GS Jailbroken 4.0.1 issues
    I just upgraded my jailbroken 3GS from 3.0.1 to 4.0.1 using pwnage tool 4.01.

Everything seems to be working okay except for a few things.

1. I cant change the wallpaper. The wallpaper is stuck at ispazio wallpaper for lock screen and home screen.

2. My AT&T logo is gone and under network it says unavailable.

3. If i reboot my phone, all folders are reset.

Anybody have a clue how to fix these problems?

thanks

No, I don't, but I am having the exact same problem. I upgraded from 3.1.2 to 4.0 on my 3GS.
    I've tried to change my carrier file and safari keeps blocking the websites.

If you have the SHSH Blobs, redo the whole process, must help. Had the very known MMS problem on 4.0 and only full reinstall helped to solve.

Quote Originally Posted by 100h4x View Post
    If you have the SHSH Blobs, redo the whole process, must help. Had the very known MMS problem on 4.0 and only full reinstall helped to solve.
    What do you mean? You need to restore with official 4.0 before you restore to Custom 4.0.1?

Yes, I did the custom IPSW restore again and it worked fine. Just didn't seem to take the first time.

Now I'm having an issue with my springboard constantly going into Safe Mode. I'm guessing it's because SBSettings. I'm still only on 4.0. Does going ahead to 4.0.1 fix any of that?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tankueray View Post
    Yes, I did the custom IPSW restore again and it worked fine. Just didn't seem to take the first time.

Now I'm having an issue with my springboard constantly going into Safe Mode. I'm guessing it's because SBSettings. I'm still only on 4.0. Does going ahead to 4.0.1 fix any of that?
    Jailbreak at 4.0 is good enough, the 4.0.1 is supposed to fix the signal bar issue on Iphone 4. Besides the unofficial pwnage tool edit by ispazio and criminal90 didn't work for me.

Thanks

If you guys need a good working 3gs OLD bootrom 4.0.1 .ipsw pm me, No custom boot logo's

I gave up with 4.0 on my 3GS. My solution was to go back to 3.1.3.

i have a iphone 3g and just updated to 4.0.1 can i still jailbreak my phone.If so how?

use redsnow (when you select firmware select 4.0)

i need help desperately!
    i jailbroke my phone using spirit, and then an itunes update to 4.01 took away my cydia, so i then restored it, still no cydia, and now i cant access the apn settings, and now my internet wont work, and i have no benefits from the jailbreak cause i've lost cydia and cant get it back!
    my phone is an iphone 3, 3gs, 5.13.04, version 4.0.1
    I have searched and searched for hours trying to find out what to do and im so lost and frustrated!!!

@ soph3_7
    Hi,
    Try Pwnage 4.01 with 4.01 firmware bundle... (you need to add it manually)
    download the add-on for pwnage from here :
    RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    Unpack it, and place it in Pwnage application (ctrl click on pwnage apps -> show packet content -> PwnageTool/content/Ressources/CustomPackages.

Then modify the firmware 4.01 for 3GS with Pwnage 4.01 bundled, don't forget to check the option (activate iphone) if you don't have official simcard,
    Once it's done, upgrade your 3gs from itunes
    ps : to upgrade your firmware modded with itunes, don't put your iphone in DFU mode, but in recovery mode (use recboot application for this)

How about just factory restoring to 4.0.1, then jailbreakme.com? Seems the simplest solution.

jailbreakme need an iphone already activated on itunes (not stuck on itune screen)
    Pwnage, bypass activation by itunes ... once you have jailbreaked with pwnage, you have wifi activated to unlock phone, with ultrasn0w for example...

Did anyone found a solution ?
    We don't any other choice than jailbreak it by pwnage tool.. But this tool creates bugs in the springboard..
    Since iTunes doesnt restore anymore to any other firmware than 4.1 we are f****d right ?

went from 3.1.2 to 4.0.1 everything worked fine no issues
    but why would you want to use custom firmware when you could of just do an straight upgrade back then?

anyways, steps are easy
    download 4.0.1 (APPLE)firmware online, control shift itune upgrade or restore your phone to 4.0.1 then go jailbreakme DOT com to jailbreak
    and thats it.. you are done!

Quote Originally Posted by philsurmac View Post
    Did anyone found a solution ?
    We don't any other choice than jailbreak it by pwnage tool.. But this tool creates bugs in the springboard..
    Since iTunes doesnt restore anymore to any other firmware than 4.1 we are f****d right ?

covered many times
    search function is your friend
    here you go
    http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...e-windows.html
    Last edited by b18c6 itr; 2010-09-27 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost