Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Just Upgraded from 2.1 to 3.1.2 on 2G Iphone

Default Just Upgraded from 2.1 to 3.1.2 on 2G Iphone
    I originally jailbroke/unlocked with pwnagetool with 2.1 firmware. Recently when youtube updated there mobile version mine wasnt working so I started looking for ways to fix and long story short I had to jailbreak again! So before this happened I copied the folders of the contacts,calendar, and photos to my desktop. Im on 3.1.2 on my 2G and I dont know how to put those folders back into the iphone. I used cyberduck and tried to drag them on but no luck. Please help? Also I used to ssh onto the iphone with finder but its not picking it up no more.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Did you reinstall "openssh" in cydia?
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

Can somebody atleast tell me how to read the files on the computer so I atleast can manually put each number back in the phone. What program would I use to see them?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

If you restored from back up you should have all those things back on your phone. Though restoring from back up isnt recommended, thats how to keep those things.

For photos I just move them all to my computer then select my iPhone in My Computer (I dont know Macs but I think you look under HD) and click as far as I can then copy and paste into it. I think its Apple100 folder or something... Someone correct me if Im wrong. You can SSH and find the DCIM folder and access Pictures to copy the files into.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-07-17 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I tried to ssh onto the dcim folder but nothing happens. It just goes blank and says there's no contacts or nothing. Is there a program to read the folders I had copied so I can just read them and manually enter them on the phone

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

The DCIM is for photos and videos not contacts...

Its probably blank cuz you dont have any vids or photos in it or you accessed it through the wrong path.

If there was a program Im aware of Id have mentioned it. Otherwise, i dont think there is. Youd just have to do it manually i suppose. Check Cydia if youd like to see if there are any tools to help.

When I copied the original folders I tried to put them back from where I got them from and I just went blank. It even erased the contacts I just recently put in. I used the guide they have on here to back up the iPhone. And when I did put the photo folder back into the dcim folder nothing showed up