Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS 4.0 jb help pls. Not a noob, I know what bootrom means.

Default 3GS 4.0 jb help pls. Not a noob, I know what bootrom means.
    My phone was always jailbroken, but late one night I decided to upgrade to stock 4.0 from jb 3.1.2 without my blobs saved on cydia (noob negotiable at this point [oh and all my work preserving b.b. out the window too]).
    -Old bootrom
    -M.C. model

I have some questions about the wording of various jailbreaking apps.
    1) "Previously jailbroken" means to me jailbroken once upon a time (whether stock upgraded after or not) but further reading suggests "must be currently jailbroken to endeavor into a 4.0 jailbreak", is this correct?
    2) Certain tools don't stipulate "non-mc" model requirements, therefore I'm free to pursue them?

Basically I'm not satisfied with an official ios, I want my phone jailbroken, and I can't downgrade. I have a pc, a "once" jailbroken old boot mc 3gs, can someone help please?

Oh, never used spirit.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Please do not make a whole new thread to add one detail. You can edit your posts.

But there is no need to make 2 threads about the same exact thing.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Sorry if I did, my intent was to edit my post, I'll look for the duplicate and delete it. Thanks for the heads up

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

To answer your question they mean you have to currently be jailbroken or be able to downgrade. So basically you had to be jailbroken on 3.1.2 with blackra1n or pwnage tool in order to use a custom firmware to jailbreak 4.0.

If you have the new bootrom then you are not able to jailbreak 4.0 just yet because your device was jailbroken with spirit and not fully pwnd. Basically spirit does not leave the proper exploit open in order to take a custom firmware. The new bootrom does not have a fully exploitable jailbreak yet.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Ok so the apps outlining previously jailbroken are a no-go. Your second sentence was an additional condition to the 4.0 jailbreak or you're suggesting that even though I can't use those specific apps, there may be hope yet? Mine's an OLD bootrom, mc model.

On a side note, I noticed a few funny things upgrading to official fw (this wasn't the first time). I changed my carrier to "iAwesome" while jailbroken and it remains whenever I update to official. Is it normal for certain changed to be kept?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Blade_ele; 2010-07-04 at 12:12 AM.